Premed 101 Forums

April 20Th Support Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol even earlier then what we've been given now? Let's not get too greedy here :P

yea thats what i was thinking too 

it sounds like april 20th was already a difficult target date to achieve to have the decisions ready. going earlier than the already early date would probably be difficult. there are probably some meetings they have to do first 

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but they sent the email at 8:30am. If they plan to send it in the morning of 20th, they could send it at 4pm on Friday too. But yeah, this is all speculation and for all we know, they could end up delaying due to unforseen circumstances and release on May 4th with UofA.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but they sent the email at 8:30am. If they plan to send it in the morning of 20th, they could send it at 4pm on Friday too. But yeah, this is all speculation and for all we know, they could end up delaying due to unforseen circumstances and release on May 4th with UofA.

It was definitely after lunch last year.

it sounds like april 20th was already a difficult target date to achieve to have the decisions ready. going earlier than the already early date would probably be difficult. there are probably some meetings they have to do first 

Or maybe there are just so many terribly bad applicants or  very distinct amazing 200 applicants that their decision was quite easy! 

Also, I know this is a pretty tough time with finals amidst us and all, but did any UofA students want to go out to Deweys, RATT, Sherlock's, etc. that evening? Might be nice to celebrate (or be depressed) together and we don't need to find out who's who from this forum cause I know some people are paranoid about that haha send me a PM if interested. 

Does anyone else feel that they'd release the emails on Friday instead? From my past experience with a few rejection emails, I'd personally prefer Friday so I have the weekend to celebrate or cry and reflect. Monday would affect my whole week.

They moved the acceptance date up by nearly a month which is a huge accommodation for people needing to write the MCAT this year. I don't think asking for more is reasonable and I'm quite appreciative of their consideration of us. They also released their pre-interview rejection stats very early based on feedback. Be thankful! :)

Does anyone keep feeling lots of self-doubt leading up to the date? I keep switching from feelings of excitement/hopefulness to doubt/nervousness. I honestly didn't think the waiting game would get to me this much! Ah well, almost over now.

I write a final that day 2-5 PM so I will probably just try to keep my mind off of it (unlikely) until after my exam.

I basically typed out your first sentence and then deleted it from the end of my last post. Feeling exactly the same way--waves of excitement and possibility to dread and anxiety coming and going ad infinitum for the last few days. Seven years to get to this point with very little positive reinforcement and really worried that this coming Monday will be a "no". Trying to remain positive and tell myself that even getting an interview is an accomplishment and that being in this position is an immense privilege when you look elsewhere in the world right now. All very weird.

I basically typed out your first sentence and then deleted it from the end of my last post. Feeling exactly the same way--waves of excitement and possibility to dread and anxiety coming and going ad infinitum for the last few days. Seven years to get to this point with very little positive reinforcement and really worried that this coming Monday will be a "no". Trying to remain positive and tell myself that even getting an interview is an accomplishment and that being in this position is an immense privilege when you look elsewhere in the world right now. All very weird.

Don't worry s3lf, like you said- you've gotten this far which is a major accomplishment and says something about your merits.Nice that someone else is in the same boat! I haven't told my close friends/family about this earlier date yet so it's strange not talking to people about it. Time is moving so slowly! :P

5 1/2 days to go = 134 Hours.

Most likely sleeping 7 hour night, for 6 nights 

so 134 - 7(6) = 92hours of actual waiting OR You can sleep for 17 hours a day, and be awake for only 7, and now you only have to wait 42hrs.

Now you can make that 5 1/2 days of waiting to less than 2 days. See how a little math can LITERALLY move the decision release date 3 1/2 days .........  :mellow:

In all seriousness, this is pure torture, why couldn't they have told us April 20th, on the 18th!! 

so 134 - 7(6) = 92hours of actual waiting OR You can sleep for 17 hours a day, and be awake for only 7, and now you only have to wait 42hrs.

Now you can make that 5 1/2 days of waiting to less than 2 days. See how a little math can LITERALLY move the decision release date 3 1/2 days .........  :mellow:

In all seriousness, this is pure torture, why couldn't they have told us April 20th, on the 18th!! 

But this assumes you'll be able to sleep Sunday night...

This should help you keep your mind off of it ;)

Anyone have any idea if ALL new Albertans are checked for IP proof if offered admission? Or is it only those who have a "sketchy" looking application? Here is what it says in the application manual

•    10.  How do I prove my Alberta Residency?

If your residency status is in doubt, you must be prepared to provide proof that you were physically residing in the province of Alberta during the time in question.  Items that may support such claims include pay stubs, tax returns, utility bills, driver’s license, car registration, cell phone records, credit card statements, or any other similar documentation. 

Anyone have any idea if ALL new Albertans are checked for IP proof if offered admission? Or is it only those who have a "sketchy" looking application? Here is what it says in the application manual

•    10.  How do I prove my Alberta Residency?

If your residency status is in doubt, you must be prepared to provide proof that you were physically residing in the province of Alberta during the time in question.  Items that may support such claims include pay stubs, tax returns, utility bills, driver’s license, car registration, cell phone records, credit card statements, or any other similar documentation. 

It sounds like it is saying they'll only check if your status is in doubt.

Archived