Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th, 2015 Support Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admissions Blog April 25, 2012

"Out of the 288 spaces, up to 10% (29) can go to out-of-province applicants.  Because it’s ‘up to’ 29 spaces, not ‘exactly’ 29 spaces that are reserved for OOP residents, we don’t have a separate waitlist for them and we don’t always replace one OOP with another OOP – we go down the list and fill spots based on the list order, making sure we don’t exceed 29 OOP spaces.  There are usually quite a few highly-ranked OOP applicants so OOP declines do tend to be filled by other OOP applicants, but it really depends on how the list falls."

http://mdprogram.med...s-blog/page/14/

Woo! Congrats everybody! Really sorry to hear about the rejections, and hang in there wait listers. You guys are all great people and whether it's this year or a future cycle, I have no doubt you'll each achieve success.

To my future UBC 2019ers, I can't wait to meet you all!

SMP, 2nd choice. How does the waitlist work? It says accepting my offer to SMP is binding to SMP.

Don't quote me on this but I believe there is some sort of internal waitlist movement before they release acceptances to the next batch of waitlisters. So I think you're on the waitlist for your 1st choice but at the end of the day it is a waitlist.

Life is cruel.

At least this year I didn't get waitlisted. Last year they strung me along all summer.

I feel so sorry for you. Yesterday I was reading the final waitlist thread last year, and thought you would for sure be accepted this year. I wish the best of luck if you decide to reapply.

I feel so sorry for you. Yesterday I was reading the final waitlist thread last year, and thought you would for sure be accepted this year. I wish the best of luck if you decide to reapply.

...and the real kicker is that all of my scores went up.  Marginally, mind you-- but up nonetheless.  And I had another above-average interview.  Seems so unfair.

...and the real kicker is that all of my scores went up.  Marginally, mind you-- but up nonetheless.  And I had another above-average interview.  Seems so unfair.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but it can also be beautiful. One of these days you will reach your goal and the struggle will make you appreciate it even more. I know it's not easy to hear that when going through this process. Sorry about your news. Keep your head up. 

Archived