Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th, 2015 Support Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Ontario schools stay on May 12th. Does it mean they will still accept old MCAT in next application cycle? If yes, UBC may pick May 12th possibly. 

Almost all other schools continue to accept the old MCAT. With Ontario schools releasing the offers on/around May 13th, I don't think UBC is going to change their date significantly. 

Most Ontario schools stay on May 12th. Does it mean they will still accept old MCAT in next application cycle? If yes, UBC may pick May 12th possibly. 

I think that is a likely scenario.

But perhaps they also may realize they have a sizeable cohort of Alberta students who interviewed with them? I know at my interview day there were 3 (1 of which was IP both here and in Alberta). 

All speculation though.

3 more weeks, or hopefully less...  :rolleyes:

I try not to think about it, which makes me think about it more, then settle for the "whatever" attitude.

I just dont want to be at work when the decisions come out because either way i'm gonna shed some tears. The tentative status of May 15th is not helping me ask for a day off.

I went through this wait two years in a row guys, and now finally I don't have to worry about if I get in or not. Try to find other hobbies/tasks (easier said than done) and try to sleep in the day of, I find it makes it a bit easier haha

It's very hard to Stay Happy .... 

Congrats on your acceptance.. hard work pays off !! 

It's very hard to Stay Happy .... 

Congrats on your acceptance.. hard work pays off !! 

Thank you, It does :). I am at the point now where I wondered why I stressed so much (probably took years off my life) the past few years. If you guys can get interviews you will eventually get in SOMEWHERE. I will save a sappy post for May 15th (whether I get in or not at UBC) because what I have taken away from all of this is that it seems different schools value different personalities and you can tell when you do the interview. I will expand on this closer to the decision date to help some people who are in the position I was for the past few.

I went through this wait two years in a row guys, and now finally I don't have to worry about if I get in or not. Try to find other hobbies/tasks (easier said than done) and try to sleep in the day of, I find it makes it a bit easier haha

congrats on Calgary! Lucky to get into a 3yr program haha. And on all your interviews!

Congratulations! Did you have to pay the deposit to UofC while waiting for other news about a month later?

Thank you, It does :). I am at the point now where I wondered why I stressed so much (probably took years off my life) the past few years. If you guys can get interviews you will eventually get in SOMEWHERE. I will save a sappy post for May 15th (whether I get in or not at UBC) because what I have taken away from all of this is that it seems different schools value different personalities and you can tell when you do the interview. I will expand on this closer to the decision date to help some people who are in the position I was for the past few.

Well you have a great acceptance already, a sappy post is deserved!

Are you from Alberta?(Guessing so since you got both alberta schools as interviews!).

congrats on Calgary! Lucky to get into a 3yr program haha. And on all your interviews!

Thank you :)

Congratulations! Did you have to pay the deposit to UofC while waiting for other news about a month later?

No I did not haha I have until May 29th I believe

Well you have a great acceptance already, a sappy post is deserved!

Are you from Alberta?(Guessing so since you got both alberta schools as interviews!).

No I am from BC :)

I just read over my entire application and all the descriptions when I should be studying. I need help lol..

haha I feel you man .. I still can't stop thinking about my interview performance.. I really hope UBC decides to release the offers earlier this year.

That is so nice of UofC! It allows the applicants having enough time to make the decision, especially to those who have multiple offers. On the other hand, their waitlist won't move until then, that is painful to the waitlisters. Maybe that is why UBC prefers to release the result later.

No I did not haha I have until May 29th I believe

That is so nice of UofC! It allows the applicants having enough time to make the decision, especially to those who have multiple offers. On the other hand, their waitlist won't move until then, that is painful to the waitlisters. Maybe that is why UBC prefers to release the result later.

As the waitlisters don't actually have to wait longer (I mean they have the same amount of time between an offer and class starting), it doesn't really make sense to wait to protect the feelings of a minority. 

I don't mean that to sound cruel, really, but feelings are not what admissions are worried about haha.  

Besides, if more schools released early, more people would get in to their top choice and reject their other offers, and the wait lists would move, even before the deadline.  Not going to happen on a big enough scale this year, but perhaps there is hope for the future.  

I selfishly hope they take UofC over UBC :P 

Archived