Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Ot 2015: Accepted/waitlisted/rejected

I may be the Ontario person of which you speak - Accepted on March 25th (conditional, of course), and I have formally accepted the offer.

I suppose that it is possible that some of you may not have heard anything back yet if they only waitlist a few people? They seem to have changed their policies/ways of accepting as last year they stood by their rule of no one is notified until after April 15th. If you are worried, I would say to contact someone at the faculty - they may be able to tell you what's going on with your particular application.

I may be the Ontario person of which you speak - Accepted on March 25th (conditional, of course), and I have formally accepted the offer.

I suppose that it is possible that some of you may not have heard anything back yet if they only waitlist a few people? They seem to have changed their policies/ways of accepting as last year they stood by their rule of no one is notified until after April 15th. If you are worried, I would say to contact someone at the faculty - they may be able to tell you what's going on with your particular application.

Thanks so much for the info! I'll definitely be calling tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait listed as well. Atlantic applicant. They said that they actually sent out their acceptance letters earlier than usual this year for w.e reason. They said they guaranteed a few spots to open up as they would be the first school to receive acceptances. Once other schools start sending out their acceptance letters than more people "may" switch to those schools. *Fingers crossed* Good luck everyone!

I work with a physio and an occupational therapist who both said they've had people in their class that came in a week late due to people not showing up to class and the waiting list gets used again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am from BC and I was conditionally accepted to Dal. I'm not totally sure where I will be going yet as I am on wait lists for other schools and am still doing my research on where I want to go.

Hi! Congrats on the acceptances/waitlisting! I was wondering how long Dalhousie gave you to decide? Like when did you have to accept their offer by? (I am just curious to know when the class is finalized/when those of us going to Dal will get more info)

Thanks!

Wait listed as well. Atlantic applicant. They said that they actually sent out their acceptance letters earlier than usual this year for w.e reason. They said they guaranteed a few spots to open up as they would be the first school to receive acceptances. Once other schools start sending out their acceptance letters than more people "may" switch to those schools. *Fingers crossed* Good luck everyone!

I work with a physio and an occupational therapist who both said they've had people in their class that came in a week late due to people not showing up to class and the waiting list gets used again. 

Have you heard anything yet? I wish you luck!!!

I was accepted today from the waitlist!! I was told there has been very little movement but they expect to see some more as people usually start deciding which offer they will take. 

I'm so excited today and can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Congrats!! I was just wondering what your sub GPA was? 

I was accepted today from the waitlist!! I was told there has been very little movement but they expect to see some more as people usually start deciding which offer they will take. 

I'm so excited today and can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Congrats!! I can't wait to meet you (and everyone!) too! This summer is going by so slowly!!

Archived