Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support Thread

I'm not surprised that there is little movement in the waitlist. I predicted that this would happen because of the increase in applicant numbers across Canada. I hope they open up more seats in the future to respond not only to the increase in applicants, but also the shortage of doctors.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind you cannot just "open more seats"...it is one thing to just find a bigger lecture hall, it is a totally different scenario to find preceptors to lead small groups, clinical correlation sessions, clinical rotation preceptors for electives and core rotations...

U of C is a fairly large school without any distributed sites. 

I am sorry to the waitlisters that the seats left is so few...I've been in your shoes many years in a row...but know that if your heart is still in it, please apply again. Being on the waitlist means you're a fraction from being accepted. Hugs and love to you all, may the odds be ever in your favour.

I hate to be pessimistic but I predict an even smaller number of waitlisters being accepted this year. (I just hope i'm wrong...)

Well at least I can always fall back on my fortune-telling skills. :3

Does anyone know the deadlines for the other universities?

uofa sent out offers today so either it was just cause they could or cause uofc needs to know about it's applicants soon! maybe uofc will pop out earlier too :)

Im on both, and have no hope for UofA, I wonder if they sent out all the offers or any a few because i haven't heard from anyone except one post on the UofA forum.

Im on both, and have no hope for UofA, I wonder if they sent out all the offers or any a few because i haven't heard from anyone except one post on the UofA forum.

From seeing the acceptance letter off waitlist, their deadline to accept or decline is June 5th. So unless all spots are full, they'll probably send out more then or as each decline comes, they will contact. Not sure which but don't lose hope :) you've become a good regular being on these uofa/uofc threads so i have to cheer for you!

I was accepted yesterday off the waitlist too! So freaking excited! 

But I have to defer for a year so someone else will get an offer soon! 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Thank you for the hope! 

Both u of a and u of c sent out more waitlist offers. Good luck to all! I was accepted off waitlist to both schools and will definitely be opening a spot either way. Thanks for all the support on here! I wish the best for everyone and keep the hope up! It's not over yet.

Both u of a and u of c sent out more waitlist offers. Good luck to all! I was accepted off waitlist to both schools and will definitely be opening a spot either way. Thanks for all the support on here! I wish the best for everyone and keep the hope up! It's not over yet.

So you'll be accepting UofA over UofC? 

Archived