Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how does everyone plan to approach the big day in terms of email checking?

I've already deleted my Email account on my iPhone and Mac, so I won't be receiving notifications unless I manually log in to my webmail. So the plan is to act as if the email is coming on Wednesday, then get home from work around 5 and check it knowing full well that I'll have an answer either way. 

What's everyone else's plan?

Western had a glitch last year and initially sent emails WITHOUT attachments. At least that's what I remember getting in my inbox before getting another email with the attachment. lol That was frustrating. Hopefully there won't be any glitches this year. :)

Good luck tomorrow!!! :D

I've already deleted my Email account on my iPhone and Mac, so I won't be receiving notifications unless I manually log in to my webmail. So the plan is to act as if the email is coming on Wednesday, then get home from work around 5 and check it knowing full well that I'll have an answer either way. 

That's my plan too, just wait till 5 when I am done with lab work. So exited :D

gwr2013 and MD20,

That sounds like a good plan. :) I had the same idea (hold off checking my email until 5pm) given what happened last year, but I think I'll also check this forum around 10 am, 12 pm and 4:30 pm to see if anyone had already received an email. lol

Gonna check my email on my private jet. Depending on the final result, I'll ask the pilot to direct it either to Paris or The Gulag. 

Hahaha!  I'm planning the same thing with deleting my email account from my phone tonight before bed.  I'm going to go into clinic tomorrow morning and check my email with the family physician i've been shadowing all year.  She's been incredibly supportive every step of the way, and I want to share good news with her, or once more rely on some support for bad news. 

Refresh madly at my desk until the email comes in.

I have no restraint.

Hahaha I laughed so hard at this. This will more than likely be me as well.

I don't know if you remember Birdy but I met you at our Mac interview! You had a very smart idea I complimented you on. You were also very kind. Wishing you, and everyone else, the best of luck tomorrow. :)

1) Go for a nice long run.

2) Work on finishing one of my last papers for masters

3) Go out tonight for friends bday

4) Meet up with gf and watch movies till 4am and sleep in, hopefully waking up late for decision day.

Also, obsessively checking this thread of course  :cool:

I'm going to pack it in early today and leave work since I can hardly focus, I feel nauseous lol 

I was just going to say, I feel nauseous as well...

Never been this nervous for anything...

The comforting thing is that every person whose ever attended med school has probably felt this way right before decision day...so its not like its something unknown...

4) Meet up with gf and watch movies till 4am and sleep in, hopefully waking up late for decision day.

This pretty much sums up my plan, though I won't be meeting with your girlfriend. Hopefully sleep in though and wake up to emails already in my inbox. Take the whole refreshing emails out of play. I dont want to get carpel tunnel by clicking so much... stay safe.

This pretty much sums up my plan, though I won't be meeting with your girlfriend. Hopefully sleep in though and wake up to emails already in my inbox. Take the whole refreshing emails out of play. I dont want to get carpel tunnel by clicking so much... stay safe.

Haha, maybe you have more self-control than me, but if this is your first cycle, I assure you that when it comes to results day, "sleeping in" does not really happen.

Haha, maybe you have more self-control than me, but if this is your first cycle, I assure you that when it comes to results day, "sleeping in" does not really happen.

It isn't my first cycle, and believe me, I am completely aware that the idea of sleeping in is delusional. In fact, I the thought that I will get any sleep is delusional as well.

Today is going by really fast. It's already almost 1 here. Eeeee.

Hahaha I laughed so hard at this. This will more than likely be me as well.

I don't know if you remember Birdy but I met you at our Mac interview! You had a very smart idea I complimented you on. You were also very kind. Wishing you, and everyone else, the best of luck tomorrow. :)

Good luck to you too! Hopefully I'll see you again at orientation. :-D

Archived