Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does UWO have 3 waitlists? High, Normal and Low? My email said: In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission. Should I be optimistic or not? Is this the normal waitlist? Please and thank you.

Does UWO have 3 waitlists? High, Normal and Low? My email said: In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission. Should I be optimistic or not? Is this the normal waitlist? Please and thank you.

Got the same one. Should be high waitlist. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic

Hmm. Would you happen to know approx when those on waitlist are given offers? I'm in a bit of a deadline crisis as I must respond to my offer for a Master's program soon. 

you may have to stall a little bit - the high waitlist usually clears well within a week post the offer deadline.

what a day (morning I guess).

- rejection from Mac to start the day. Thought the interview was my best one, so got me super worried.

-waitlist at Queens. Didn't think i did well, was sort of expecting this but still made me even more nervous.

-rejection from Toronto. NOW I was feeling horrible. Mac/Toronto I thought went well, and have pretty good odds post interview. At this point I was convinced I was a horrible person/interviewee and had no chance.

-acceptance to Western, 2 hours earlier than I anticipated. Nearly cried of joy.

hehehehe to be honest you never know how you do at interviews - just a random thing.

but it all doesn't matter - you are in. Now go celebrate.

yeah unfortunately that is the low waitlist line

UWO has a low waitlist now?? Or were you talking about Ottawa?

Does Ottawa usually go through their "good" waitlist? 

Ottawa doesn't tend to get through all of their "good" waitlist unfortunately. UWO has a very small "good" waitlist, with the odds that everyone usually gets an acceptance. But being on the good waitlist for Ottawa is better than the other waitlists! Good luck :)

Ottawa. I thought

Ottawa doesn't tend to get through all of their "good" waitlist unfortunately. UWO has a very small "good" waitlist, with the odds that everyone usually gets an acceptance. But being on the good waitlist for Ottawa is better than the other waitlists! Good luck :)

Ottawa. I thought

Thanks for the info! Do they tend to get far? How many people are on the good waitlist approximately?

Ottawa. I thought

Yup, Western has high/normal/low waitlist.

What would the email say if I was on the normal waitlist? "Applicants in your position have sometimes been offered admission?" Just trying to make sure I'm actually on the high wait lost before I lose my mind lol

It just doesn't say anything - I think there's a thread in the Western discussion that shows what each says. But I got what you got "in recent years, people in your position have been offered admission". I'm also scared they made a mistake and meant to say "have not" but I think we shouldn't be paranoid. I'm sure they didn't make a mistake!

The only mistake I found in my email was they spelled Schulich with two "L"s (schuLLich) in the subject so that worried me that someone was trying to prank me at first

It just doesn't say anything - I think there's a thread in the Western discussion that shows what each says. But I got what you got "in recent years, people in your position have been offered admission". I'm also scared they made a mistake and meant to say "have not" but I think we shouldn't be paranoid. I'm sure they didn't make a mistake!

The only mistake I found in my email was they spelled Schulich with two "L"s (schuLLich) in the subject so that worried me that someone was trying to prank me at first

you can trust the email at least :)

Archived