Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

man, Schulich has typos in their emails a lot. for my interview invite they said "Good News from Schulich Medicinee", I was also worried it was a prank at the time.  :lol:

ok maybe you cannot trust the spelling :) They are just so excited about offering you the spot they forgot how to type!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha awesome :P glad we're not the only ones excited to be offered a chance to attend the school!

you will see that admissions offices love admitting people - it really is the best and probably only really fun part of the job. To see everyone at the white coat, to welcome them to the school, to see how happy and excited everyone is. To be honest they need that day, that time - there is a lot of saying no, focusing on rules, and being strict. What comes after that makes it worth while.

Congratulations to everyone who received good news yesterday!  Big congratulations to Birdy! 

To those of you who didn't receive good news, remember that there is life outside of medicine, and being accepted or rejected does not define you as a person.  Good luck if you intend to apply again, and if not, remember there are very rewarding jobs outside of medicine, that allow you to live a very comfortable life.

Part of me is still hoping I got the wrong email by mistake..

yeah that sucks :(

No easy answers of course - I do know your stats are solid, so that at least means you know exactly what the issue was and it is extremely likely if you reapplied you would get another chance at things. Again it sucks but you are not alone and the situation just suggests try again.

Anyone hear of waitlist movement from any of the schools yet??

I haven't, but i presume they could start up tomorrow for Queens / Toronto / Mac since in previous years they have started sending offers before the deadline. Since it was a long weekend, and this is their first day back, maybe adcom needed to sort through files and make a list of people to contact.

From what I recall, Ottawa / Western will both wait after the 26th, and I don't know about NOSM

Archived