Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying not to think about May 12 as it does seemingly make time pass by faster for me, but admittedly it's much easier said than done. As a fifth time applicant, I really would like to avoid playing the admissions game again in pursuing this career path.

I'm trying not to think about May 12 as it does seemingly make time pass by faster for me, but admittedly it's much easier said than done. As a fifth time applicant, I really would like to avoid playing the admissions game again in pursuing this career path.

Your resilience is honestly amazing and I hope you manage to get in this year! I'm a repeat applicant as well and I don't want to go through the process again (although I will if need be). Just hoping we all get good news. Fingers crossed!

This is going to be a long week. I quite probably will scream if I'm put on a waitlist. "Thanks for waiting so much! Here, wait some more."

Sat on two waitlists until August last summer, it is super frustrating especially since there is such a long post-interview wait before factoring in the waitlist. But so many people get in off the waitlist at most Ontario schools and usually within a few weeks, so it really isn't too bad!

I found the best solution.  Get a vasectomy.  It is very hard to obsess about admissions while icing your junk  ;)

[or so I thought.  Turns out my urologist is a Mac grad, so I chewed his ear off through the whole procedure]

I laughed so hard at this. Not that I'm laughing at your misery, mind, but I'm just imagining how very awkward that conversation could have been.

I applied 5 times before finally getting in, it can and will happen!

I found the best solution.  Get a vasectomy.  It is very hard to obsess about admissions while icing your junk  ;)

[or so I thought.  Turns out my urologist is a Mac grad, so I chewed his ear off through the whole procedure]

i just had a dream that it was may 12th and when I opened the emails I got rick-rolled

Today has been a difficult day... the stress of waiting has me on edge and making plans for not being accepted is really depressing, however necessary.

I came on here not expecting to laugh as much as I did from reading these - feeling better - thanks guys :)

OMSAS Countdown Log, D-5. M1 Jaybird dictating. Applicants presenting with increasing levels of stress and fatigue. Some have reported dream-like delusional states (ref. addendum #164, applicant T. Tryptophan). Others have reported behaviour worryingly close to self-harm (ref. addendum #158, applicant P. Yike). Observed behaviour, however, indicates that the vast majority of behaviour is healthy and mutually supporting, even when harmful behaviours were indirectly suggested (ref. addendum #155) by the observer after approval by ethics board. It is the assessment of the observer that despite self-reporting negative thoughts/actions, all applicants observed are in fact psychologically healthy and highly intelligent/motivated individuals temporarily affected by stressful conditions. Current proposed plan is to issue offers of admission to all applicants. M1 Jaybird, end dictation.

:D

OMSAS Countdown Log, D-5. M1 Jaybird dictating. Applicants presenting with increasing levels of stress and fatigue. Some have reported dream-like delusional states (ref. addendum #164, applicant T. Tryptophan). Others have reported behaviour worryingly close to self-harm (ref. addendum #158, applicant P. Yike). Observed behaviour, however, indicates that the vast majority of behaviour is healthy and mutually supporting, even when harmful behaviours were indirectly suggested (ref. addendum #155) by the observer after approval by ethics board. It is the assessment of the observer that despite self-reporting negative thoughts/actions, all applicants observed are in fact psychologically healthy and highly intelligent/motivated individuals temporarily affected by stressful conditions. Current proposed plan is to issue offers of admission to all applicants. M1 Jaybird, end dictation.

:D

9/10... point missed for not indicating the 'stardate'

I'm now in the "passing time by way of painkillers" category myself. Apparently, being an ultrarapid metabolizer affects codeine-like drug metabolism too because I get really, really loopy on a very small dose of Percocet. Good thing the emerg doc put me off work today and tomorrow, because I wouldn't be getting anything done.

There are worse ways to pass the time than watching Netflix or sleeping all day, though, not that I'm advocating narcotic use for med admissions coping..,

Holy hell, this is the most people that have ever liked one of my posts here O_O it was just a shitty SOAP note joke guys...

It was funny and suggested we should all get offers, exactly what we all need to hear right now.

Anyone else just constantly replaying the interview(s) in your head? 

(t-minus 5)

I'm not counting Tuesday itself, so it's really only four days. Yay!

It was funny and suggested we should all get offers, exactly what we all need to hear right now.

I'm not counting Tuesday itself, so it's really only four days. Yay!

LOL I think that way too. in fact, i'm clumping monday with tuesday since I expect no sleep, so technically 3?? 

Archived