Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

I watched a bunch of the 2015 ones not too long ago too. Tomorrow you can watch past years' videos! I think the best I've seen is Schulich's 2012 and 2013 so you can start there :P

Lol good idea - I've watched 2014 for Schulich and Toronto - thanks for enabling my craziness ;)

Let's be real, UofA's med school musical vid is unparalleled.

The girl spitting Iggy could have a solid rap career if med doesn't work out... sooo impressed lol

I agree - for this year at least :P! It was pretty awesome. But I liked Toronto + Western's videos this year too - have Ottawa/NOSM put one up? I haven't seen those yet.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually referring to the disney one from a few years back, but this year's was pretty good too.

Ah my bad! I'll definitely have to give that one a watch.

Lol good idea - I've watched 2014 for Schulich and Toronto - thanks for enabling my craziness ;)

I agree - for this year at least :P! It was pretty awesome. But I liked Toronto + Western's videos this year too - have Ottawa/NOSM put one up? I haven't seen those yet.

Yes they do!

Ottawa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psKYcDE3_FE

NOSM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aGhTtZRIV4

Harvard MS Thrift Shop parody from last year or the year before (not sure) is my favourite, followed by Schulich's 2013 video. Mac's this year was really, really well done. The quality of some of these is just incredible.

Harvard MS Thrift Shop parody from last year or the year before (not sure) is my favourite, followed by Schulich's 2013 video. Mac's this year was really, really well done. The quality of some of these is just incredible.

Yes! The thrift shop one is incredible. Their #SELFIE parody is pretty good too... along with "What Does the Spleen Do?" and their newest Milkshake parody... basically all of Harvard's videos haha

Yes! The thrift shop one is incredible. Their #SELFIE parody is pretty good too... along with "What Does the Spleen Do?" and their newest Milkshake parody... basically all of Harvard's videos haha

Thanks for the links! And yes, I thought the #SELFIE and thrift shop ones were done really well.

I guess I'll be spending the next 14 days (only!!!) watching both Canadian and American videos now haha

Let's be real, UofA's med school musical vid is unparalleled.

The one thing I hate about musical vids is that if I get rejected it's so hard to listen to the song again. Happened with me and Jason Derulo's The Other Side last year (UBC, which is actually an amazing video).

The one thing I hate about musical vids is that if I get rejected it's so hard to listen to the song again. Happened with me and Jason Derulo's The Other Side last year (UBC, which is actually an amazing video).

Yah, fair enough. Never thought about it.

Funny story about the other side video, I had never really heard that song before so when I hear it now, I definitely expect the ubc words haha. Also, I definitely exclaimed loudly in communications class the first time I figured out what FIFEing was. I was so confused when I watched the ubc video haha.

Funny story about the other side video, I had never really heard that song before so when I hear it now, I definitely expect the ubc words haha. Also, I definitely exclaimed loudly in communications class the first time I figured out what FIFEing was. I was so confused when I watched the ubc video haha.

what IS FIFEing? :o

Omg this situation is exactly the same for me too! I loved that UBC video, definitely very well done and I would recommend that to watch if you haven't yet.

This is super random, but when making a new polled topic on Premed101, checking the "Allow multiple choice?" option allows voters to check off multiple options right?

Also, the default is private votes unless we check off "Make public" right? This sounds dumb but normally I'd expect the default to be public votes

On the note of waiting for May 12, I have a question regarding the movement of Waitlist.

Have you encountered/heard any situation that the waitlist DID NOT MOVE at all?

I am on the Waitlist for McGill OOP (only accepting 10 spots) and I am constantly worried that it wont move. :(

Thanks so much everyone!

On the note of waiting for May 12, I have a question regarding the movement of Waitlist.

Have you encountered/heard any situation that the waitlist DID NOT MOVE at all?

I am on the Waitlist for McGill OOP (only accepting 10 spots) and I am constantly worried that it wont move. :(

Thanks so much everyone!

It will likely move a bit after Ontario sends out offers and MAYBE as wait list offers get sent. Tbh I wouldn't get my hopes up for McGill so prepare for the worst. It could very well not move. A good school/reputation and low tuition in a great city are hard to pass up on. Their dentistry waitlist didn't move at all last year apparently (accepts ~8) but it's at 2 spots rn for OOP.

Can I go to emerg and request a chemically induced coma?

LOL I was fantasizing about this today!!

Instead I bought a PS3 on kijiji as a finishing my undergrad present to myself, and the guy gave me like 15 games with it for free. So I'll practically be in a coma for the next couple weeks :')) 

Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone! May 12th will be here before you know it!

As an aside, are acceptances a bit later this year? I remember them coming out May 5th some time ago, but I have been out of the loop in recent years.

I remember reading May 5th a while ago as well but recently they've been coming out around mid-May. Last year was May 13 and the year before was May 14 I'm pretty sure. So we're actually a bit early! ORPAS this year is also releasing on May 15th this year.

There seems to be a trend for Ontario professional programs releasing mid-May.

Archived