Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support Thread

I am also on the wait-list as an IP, 4th year applicant. I could not find any information on the UofA website. But did come across this document with statistics. And it seems that about 60-70 people get accepted off the waitlist at UofA each year. See page 52: https://www.afmc.ca/pdf/ADMISSION_REQUIREMENTS_EN.pdf

Although I may be incorrect in my understanding, please feel free to correct me!

Best of luck to us all!!

Hey there! 

Does anyone know what happens to your position on the UofA waitlist if you accept an offer from another school in the meantime (like UofC)? I really hope that UofA wouldn't take your name off their list but can anyone confirm whether or not this is the case? 

Thanks  :)

Hey there! 

Does anyone know what happens to your position on the UofA waitlist if you accept an offer from another school in the meantime (like UofC)? I really hope that UofA wouldn't take your name off their list but can anyone confirm whether or not this is the case? 

Thanks  :)

You can accept your offer from UofC while retaining your position in the UofA waitlist, as long as you pay the deposit for UofC! Alberta schools do not coordinate their acceptance offers, unlike Ontario.

Waitlisted! I assume I'm with the graduate pool (completed MSc), unless they lump us in with 4yrs? I should mention I'm IP! Good luck to all those waiting, and congrats to those accepted! Here's hoping this is will be my year as well :) 

I'm on the 2/3rd year IP waitlist. Does anyone know if this is a separate waitlist from the 4th year applicant pool, or if small drops in my GPA will affect my waitlist position?

According to the FAQs sheet for alternate candidates:

While on the Alternate List, will my current year affect my rank?

Yes, as offers are conditional and the current year GPA must be maintained, it may affect your rank.

Hope this answers your questions, and best of luck!

I was under the impression that there are only 2 pools based on education: 2/3rd years and 4th year+graduates. You would fall into the latter category (which is arguably more favourable).

Waitlisted! I assume I'm with the graduate pool (completed MSc), unless they lump us in with 4yrs? I should mention I'm IP! Good luck to all those waiting, and congrats to those accepted! Here's hoping this is will be my year as well :)

According to the FAQs sheet for alternate candidates:

While on the Alternate List, will my current year affect my rank?

Yes, as offers are conditional and the current year GPA must be maintained, it may affect your rank.

Hope this answers your questions, and best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived