Premed 101 Forums

Professional Line Of Credit, I Am Here To Help!

Pre-Med Students!

Congratulations to all who have been accepted into your desired program! With all the exciting challenges that lie ahead, the last thing you want to worry about is your financing! I am here to help! As a Financial Advisor with CIBC Imperial Service I have extensive experience assisting Medical and dental students achieve their financial goals. Start planning and give me a call today.

Nalin J.

CIBC Imperial Service Financial Advisor

Phone:416-488-1155 ext 349

Hi there, if im applying to osteopathic schools in US next year , I realize that I would need a cosigner , but my cosigner didnt work this past year however she plans to work this year but it'll be only be around 24k in income. How much savings would she need to have for me to be approved for the professional credit line next year? our local branch said that if she has around a 100k in savings there is a very low chance of me getting rejected. I just wanted to ask others as well. Thank you and regards. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:39 AM, living_forever said:

Hi there, if im applying to osteopathic schools in US next year , I realize that I would need a cosigner , but my cosigner didnt work this past year however she plans to work this year but it'll be only be around 24k in income. How much savings would she need to have for me to be approved for the professional credit line next year? our local branch said that if she has around a 100k in savings there is a very low chance of me getting rejected. I just wanted to ask others as well. Thank you and regards. 

Hi,

For international students there are stricter guidelines and many factors that would be considered. might be a good idea for you to give me a call, so I can get a better understanding of your individual situation.

Nalin J

416-271-4055

nalin.jayaseelan@cibc.com

I feel like I should give a plug for Rod McFadden at Scotia as far as London advisors go. Really down to earth guy compared to some of the financial people I talked to at other institutions, and a lot more knowledgeable. Made everything really easy and understandable!

Definitely agree with you, I'm always been an online banking and interact with an ATM kinda person because the stuffiness of financial advisors and banking. But Rod was ridiculously quick to set up a time to chat, really knows his craft, and made me feel comfortable with getting my things together for this fall. I've recommended him to friends who've said the same. Dude is just a really nice guy and the experience he's had with this stuff over the years definitely shines through.

If you're on your way to Western or even from around London going elsewhere for school, I recommend sitting down with him.

• 1 month later...

I rarely post on these forums, however my recent experience with Nalin requires it!

He is extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and a good-guy. I was unsure/nervous about the LOC process initially, but he made sure to explain everything in detail and answered all of my questions. He also went above and beyond to ensure I got everything I requested. 

I went to him initially because of the posts in this forum, and I don't regret it one bit! So for anyone looking for a great adviser, I would HIGHLY recommend Nalin!

I found a lot of the banks offer almost the same things when you find the right advisor.

That being said, I decided to see what the Nalin-hype was about and booked an appointment. I found he took a lot more time with me and the entire thing was very honest and relaxed. He also answered all my e-mails promptly and called me right away if I needed to provide more things, which made me end up signing with him. I will try my best to continue updating the review but so far, he has been a great help. 

I rarely post on these forums, however my recent experience with Nalin requires it!

He is extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and a good-guy. I was unsure/nervous about the LOC process initially, but he made sure to explain everything in detail and answered all of my questions. He also went above and beyond to ensure I got everything I requested. 

I went to him initially because of the posts in this forum, and I don't regret it one bit! So for anyone looking for a great adviser, I would HIGHLY recommend Nalin!

• 10 months later...

Excellent news for Canadian Medical and Dental Students, we will be allowing full access to the funds!

-$275k limit is just a guideline now, which can be higher depending on student Cash flow budget.

-I am still waiting on news for existing CIBC clients which should be updated shortly.

Nalin J

CIBC Imperial Service Financial Advisor

416-271-4055

Nalin.jayaseelan@cibc.com

Field of study Approved designations     Guidelines (not maximums) Annual increase guideline

Medicine

• Doctor of Medicine (MD), including residency programs

$275,000

Full access to limit for students studying in Canada

$70,000 for students studying outside  Canada.                                                                                        

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2015 at 9:40 AM, advisor.nalin said:

1) I can help, all over the phone and email.

2) If you are attending a Canadian university and your credit is in good standing then we would not need a co-signor 

3) We require co-signors for any MD school outside of Canada and you should be able to show some savings. 

Each student for me will be different, It is better if we connect over the phone so I provide you with the best advice. 

How much money/savings does one need to show?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, dwightschrute123 said:

At what point after receiving acceptance to med school can you actually set up the line of credit. Is accepting an offer all that is necessary?

Yup! Most banks just need your acceptance letter, and you'll later need to provide proof of enrolment. Some branches want that proof upfront, but you can definitely start shopping

Archived