Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone,

I'm a Canadian finishing up my first year at a US dental school. While I do love my school, I'm planning to apply as a 2nd year transfer to U of T and UWO since it is so much less expensive than the American schools. Could anyone from UWO or U of T advise as to whether there are open spots in the class of 2018? 

Thanks in advance! 

DDS_hopeful how do you like your school?  Do you enjoy the day to day more than just getting through it?  I love my class now and my school and faculty but because of cost I'm debating on applying.  Any input would be appreciated!

DDS_hopeful how do you like your school?  Do you enjoy the day to day more than just getting through it?  I love my class now and my school and faculty but because of cost I'm debating on applying.  Any input would be appreciated!

I'd say that it's a positive experience overall. At the beginning of the year, it felt like more of a grind since it consisted of lots of didactic lectures and written exams. Now that we're emphasizing the practical work, days go by much faster and I actually don't even mind going to extra practice hours. I also feel like our class is a pretty tight-knit group since we spend an ungodly amount of hours together haha

DDS_hopeful thanks for the response.  Another quick question.  Does your school have a remediation policy?  Like if you fail a clinical competency or an exam or if you fail are you just done?

I've heard that you get to write supplemental exams in the summer if needed, and that they are pretty easy to pass.

Archived