Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congratulations! I told you (belle) to wait a little longer before losing hope :P this was only the first round of waitlist offers. June 6th and 13th should be another days and they usually do get through the 2nd waitlist interview group too. can't wait to meet you all.

doctorfresh, Thank you for your hopeful comments! They are really encouraging for people on the waitlist! :)

Do you two mind me asking if you are already in the Facebook group? Unfortunately, it's my primary source of speculation...

As it has been said before, the Facebook group really is a horrible indication of how many people have accepted. Just when people thought the class was nearing full based on the Facebook group, a large wave came out on Tuesday (judging by how many people posted on the forums). Chantal is out of office again until Thursday so there may be another wave on Thursday or on the deadlines like doctorfresh mentioned.

Also, I noticed that the deadline for offers is set from the date they prepare the admission package for you so it would actually start from the date people call in to confirm availability and not the date they receive an email.

I joined the group and there are lots of upper years and admins in the group as mentioned. I agree I wouldn't use that as your primary source! Plus anyone can request to join the group so maybe people who are just curious etc. Keep your hopes up, it's only the first interview group I am sure there is more to come!!!

Not yet, Do they suppose to send anything today. My GPA is 3.99 so I hope I am in tbe next interview score. Student-8 has this feeling that waitlist consists of 3.5 and 3. Last year the last person who got the offer had 3.965 from 3.0 group.

How do you know this person was from the 3.0 group? Also, we should be careful when considering the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread, as that comes with a huge sampling bias. 

How do you know this person was from the 3.0 group? Also, we should be careful when considering the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread, as that comes with a huge sampling bias.

Because like two weeks before that they gave invites to ppl with 3.97-3.98. Yeah I agree, but it is our best speculation. May odds be in our favor :)

Archived