Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw do tou guys know whether waitlisters get extra time to submit their immunization forms. Do we have to start it now even though we haven't gotten offer yet?

I think everyone has until August 1st to do the immunization form. I got off the waitlist on May  27th and still have until August 1st. I guess it depends on when you get off the wait list. 

I visited the admissions office in the morning and afternoon to drop off my documents. Chantal and Diane were both in office so there may have been some calls at least. I saw they were doing paperwork too so this could explain the lack of large movement, or at least that we're aware of on the forums.

I think everyone has until August 1st to do the immunization form. I got off the waitlist on May 27th and still have until August 1st. I guess it depends on when you get off the wait list.

I see, do you know by any chance whether we have to complete immunization by then or we just need to show that we have started them. I think one of the vaccines will take a couple months for me to get it done.

I'm pretty sure that for those waitlisted and accepted at a later date that they will be very accommodating. I read somewhere that the ottawa faculty will help you with your vaccinations even in September before you enter clinic if something that they require is missing But I may be mistaken about this. regardless, I'm highly certain ottawa will be accommodating with this if you are accepted late. personally, I wouldn't go through vaccinations and the like until I know I'm accepted :P

Hi I just got off the waitlist with a GPA 3.915. I declined the offer immediately on the phone with Chantal and hoping to give the offer the next person in line :)

Good luck!!

Thanks for updating medafter30! Congrats on McGill!! What stream were you in btw? Congrats again!

Yes I accepted. English stream. I also want to say do not give up hope if things do not work out this cycle. If you do not get in this cycle apply again! I am a graduate student. I think even though Ottawa does not look at your Masters it helps a lot for the interview. Doing my Masters helped me with public speaking. It also helped me answer interview questions. A lot of my friends are already in medicine and are all talking about doing a Masters afterwards. They also said that the students that have their Masters have a head start on their resume so its hard to compete with them. So for those debating between doing a firth or sixth year, also think of doing your Masters as an option. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me or ask on this thread. I want to help everyone as much as I possibly can. I also want to give a special shout out to Belle_MD, SlumdogMD, medafter30, Monika Chao, MD20, and damha for your support on this thread.

Archived