Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if its JUST the French waitlist that they are starting to go through? Then they're going to wait until the 27th to start moving the english waitlist? I remember someone called in and said they're waiting until the 27th! 

Hi! I just thought I'd let you all know I got accepted into uOttawa off the (French) waitlist, so it's starting to move!

Congrats! Will you be accepting your offer? (I noticed on a previous thread you mentioned that you accepted a UofT offer)

Does anyone know if its JUST the French waitlist that they are starting to go through? Then they're going to wait until the 27th to start moving the english waitlist? I remember someone called in and said they're waiting until the 27th! 

Let me preface this by saying I've been really grateful for the info shared here by people who have called admissions. That said, I wouldn't put 100% stock in what you've heard on an anonymous forum about what the admissions office may have said on a phone call to another individual. Remember during interview invite season, some schools said they'd wait until "early February"? You may hear back sooner than expected! Maybe admissions is hoping to catch you off guard and pleasantly surprise you :P

Thank you for letting us know and congrats. Did you receive a phone call?

Yes! They called at about 2pm today. And thank you, I'm absolutely thrilled!

Congrats! Will you be accepting your offer? (I noticed on a previous thread you mentioned that you accepted a UofT offer)

Thank you! I will be, but you're absolutely right: I was riiiight in the process of accepting the offer at UofT when uOttawa called... It was a really close call and I even sent my deposit to UofT in the mail. But if everything works out, I will be refusing UofT and accepting uOttawa.

This guy is a troll... there's no movement. Check his other posts

As I just explained in my last post, I was actually in the process of accepting my offer at UofT right when I got the call from uOttawa, so at the time of that post, that information was actually correct. However, uOttawa is my first choice so I will be declining UofT (although they'll probably still cash in my deposit but whatever). I didn't mean to mislead anyone, just to inform you guys that the waitlist is moving at uOttawa. I completely understand that you want to take things on an anonymous forum with a grain of salt, and even though you may not want to believe me, I am telling you the truth. I'm really sorry if I've angered you because that wasn't my intention and I was just trying to be helpful. Anyway, I'm absolutely thrilled and I wish you all the best of luck!

Edit: I will be editing my other posts so no one else gets confused. I am still declining McMaster and Queen's though, so that hasn't changed.

Thanks for letting us know Eve32! And congrats on your offer :)

Thank you!

(Now I feel really bad that I've upset some people... I'm really sorry, I promise you all I actually DID get a phone call from uOttawa this afternoon!)

Thank you!

(Now I feel really bad that I've upset some people... I'm really sorry, I promise you all I actually DID get a phone call from uOttawa this afternoon!)

I am certain you understand the pressure that waitlisted applicants are experiencing. Since such trolling incidents has happened before, people are generally very skeptical when it comes to waitlist movement, particularly since you are the first bearer of the news. All that said, STOP feeling bad, and START celebrating your acceptance!

I am certain you understand the pressure that waitlisted applicants are experiencing. Since such trolling incidents has happened before, people are generally very skeptical when it comes to waitlist movement, particularly since you are the first bearer of the news. All that said, STOP feeling bad, and START celebrating your acceptance!

Yes, I absolutely do get why people would be suspicious. I don't understand why anyone would mislead anyone on purpose... And I sure will, I've never been this excited ever!!

Archived