Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I have been looking through a lot of the threads and it appears that the waitlist is made up of 3.5 and 3 interview scores. If you have a wGPA of 3.97 you have a pretty good chance of getting in because it dips down into the wGPA for the 3 interview category. I cant see the good waitlist having interview scores of 2.5. Thoughts?

Guys, I have been looking through a lot of the threads and it appears that the waitlist is made up of 3.5 and 3 interview scores. If you have a wGPA of 3.97 you have a pretty good chance of getting in because it dips down into the wGPA for the 3 interview category. I cant see the good waitlist having interview scores of 2.5. Thoughts?

What is the secret of having 3.97 haha why not 3.96 :)

What is the secret of having 3.97 haha why not 3.96 :)

3.97 is not a magic number... not every person who gets off the waitlist posts on these forums. A higher GPA is simply a tiebreaker between tied interview scores which is why you see it go from 4.0 to 3.93 to 4 again with some variation depending on how long it takes people to post after they get their good news.

Hoping I get a call but there's nothing else to do but wait at this point, the better your interview score / gpa the better your chance. You have to take the information you get from scouring through the archives of this forum with a grain of salt, its not a complete data set.

So I'm getting a little bit confused about the movement of the waitlist...do they go through an entire interview score before switching to a lower one? E.g. First they go through everyone with an interview score of 4.0 (ranked based on the wGPA) and then they go through everyone with an interview score of 3.5?

So even if the wGPA within each a given interview score category (e.g 4.0) drops downs to lets say 3.7, would this individual receive an offer before anyone else does from the next lower interview score category (e.g. 3.5)?

If anyone can clarify, would really appreciate this. Thanks!

From my understanding, this is the process. However, there is nothing indicating that there are set interview score categories. For example, categories could be 4, 3.5, 3, etc. or they could be less discrete categories (4, 3.9, 3.88, 3.87, etc.) but it does seem to be true that they consider interview scores above all else and then break ties with gpa.

At first I started to doubt my interview when I got waitlisted, but after thinking back I still wouldn't change anything I said! I still think I did the absolute best I could so whatever happens happens I guess!! At least I know I gave it my all.

I agree I felt I did my best and I'm happy with how it went! I felt so good after mine, I remember thinking I "nailed" it lol. But I wrote down all the questions and my answers and looking back there are definitely areas where I wish I expanded or went further. Nothing I would take back but I would definitely add some things. I'm mad at myself for it but at least I can learn from it and use it next year if need be. :)

At first I started to doubt my interview when I got waitlisted, but after thinking back I still wouldn't change anything I said! I still think I did the absolute best I could so whatever happens happens I guess!! At least I know I gave it my all.

Then you're likely at the top of the waitlist :) Remember that people on the 3.5 interview group still get waitlisted. So your interview could be almost perfect but maybe something perceived by the interviewers led them to give you just slightly shy of a perfect interview score. Last year, according to posts, waitlisted offers were started with individuals with 3.97 and they thought they had an outstanding interview as well.

That would actually be too good to be true! I hope its no coincidence my wGPA is also 3.97 haha only time will tell if you're right though! I know i'm probably not going to be on the forums much starting tomorrow! But if I somehow get good news then I will be sure to post! I know having people post their wGPA's is really helpful for all those waitlisted! 

I wonder what they do to break wGPA ties within an interview score. The average for interviews seems to increase every year, so there is only a narrow range for wGPAs. It seem like the possibility of two people having a 3.97 wGPA and an 3.5 interview score wouldn't be that uncommon.

Hmm, I have a feeling that each interviewer assigns us a score using the 4, 3.5, 3.0 etc... scale. And from there the average of that is our interview score. Because that would further distinguish applicants and also prevent arguments between the interviewers because if one felt an applicant deserved one score vs. another. I used to think it was just straight 4, 3.5 etc but I think that leaves too much risk of many people being in the same interview score pool! OR they may even go to your ABS and see who had a better score on that? WHO KNOWS! lol So much speculation it hurts! lol

Honestly it is so hard to speculate. last year 2 ppl with 3.97 wGPA and one with 3.93 got offer in the first day of waitlist movement and then the next day one person with 4.0 GPA and someone else with 3.93 got their offers. I don't see any trends in this lol

Honestly it is so hard to speculate. last year 2 ppl with 3.97 wGPA and one with 3.93 got offer in the first day of waitlist movement and then the next day one person with 4.0 GPA and someone else with 3.93 got their offers. I don't see any trends in this lol

Well that makes sense because you'd expect the first round of waitlisted offers to be quite large (~45 people + i would assume another 25 that would have been there on the good waitlist but aren't due to accepting another offer and are therefore taken off the waitlist. So a total of about 70 people if not more). So it would make complete sense for them to go through 2 interview groups.

Archived