Premed 101 Forums

When To Complete Pre-Reqs By? Canada And Us

Hi everyone, 

I have one English course left to take to meet the requirement of 2 English courses for some DS (both US and Canadian). Originally I had signed up for an online, relatively easy English course this summer, but I will also be studying for the DAT (to take this upcoming November) and I'm in grad school, which is entirely unpredictable and stressful on its own. I was wondering whether I can put off doing this course until the winter term 2016, ie. after I have already applied. 

I've looked into the academic requirements for schools here in Canada and some in the States, but some websites do not provide an exact date as to when to be finished the pre-reqs by. Although so far the general consensus that I am getting is that you can take the courses after you apply - provided that it is completed by the end of April of the year of entry - I just want to double-check this. If I can focus on my DAT studying this summer then that would be awesome! If not, then I'll just suck it up; not a biggie. 

Thanks!

Archived