Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

Will they leave a voice message, as I may not  have access to my phone during the day due to meetings, etc.?

I think so. I'm on the waitlist too so I can't say for sure, but I think I saw one person post that in a previous year but I may be mistaken.

Also, when I emailed them I mentioned they could leave voice message on my phone because they said "where you may be contacted (or where a message may be left for you)" so I figured they're fine with leaving a message on voice mail or with someone (same thing in the end because either way we'd have to call / email them back to confirm)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do applicants that are SWOMEN get preference when going through the wait list? Or can I be generally optimistic about being non-SWOMEN but on the high waitlist?

has far as we know there is no waitlist advantage to SWOMEN (other than what advantage you would have initially being ranked of course). There is one rank list, and people on just on it in order of their rank.

and yes you can be generally optimistic about being on the good waitlist :)

Do applicants that are SWOMEN get preference when going through the wait list? Or can I be generally optimistic about being non-SWOMEN but on the high waitlist?

I'm non-SWOMEN too but I'm guessing that they have one waitlist only (don't take my word on it because I haven't a clue in the world). I'd presume the admissions committee factored in SWOMEN/non-SWOMEN before extending offers in the first place.

I think so. I'm on the waitlist too so I can't say for sure, but I think I saw one person post that in a previous year but I may be mistaken.

Also, when I emailed them I mentioned they could leave voice message on my phone because they said "where you may be contacted (or where a message may be left for you)" so I figured they're fine with leaving a message on voice mail or with someone (same thing in the end because either way we'd have to call / email them back to confirm)

I will say they are going to make some serious efforts to try and reach you if you are pulled off the waitlist. The reason the phone is considered preferred is just how quick it is in comparison to email (plus to be fair if you knew it was by email you would be glued to your computer for weeks potentially going nuts - refresh.....refresh.....refresh.....)

I'm non-SWOMEN too but I'm guessing that they have one waitlist only (don't take my word on it because I haven't a clue in the world). I'd presume the admissions committee factored in SWOMEN/non-SWOMEN before extending offers in the first place.

exactly my thoughts again :) Plus it is born out of some of the stats we have access too in the Dean's reports. 

I will say they are going to make some serious efforts to try and reach you if you are pulled off the waitlist. The reason the phone is considered preferred is just how quick it is in comparison to email (plus to be fair if you knew it was by email you would be glued to your computer for weeks potentially going nuts - refresh.....refresh.....refresh.....)

Haha. Glad they took that into consideration. I feel a lot more relaxed now knowing I just need to have my phone on me at all times after the 26th. Thankfully I don't have any super important/formal meetings where I can't let others know that I'm expecting an important call in case I have to answer it.

Also I lurked and found the FB group - it has 82 members right now (probably will increase a lot over the next few days). Any guess on how many of those might be upper year students? I'm guessing at least 5

Haha. Glad they took that into consideration. I feel a lot more relaxed now knowing I just need to have my phone on me at all times after the 26th. Thankfully I don't have any super important/formal meetings where I can't let others know that I'm expecting an important call in case I have to answer it.

Also I lurked and found the FB group - it has 82 members right now (probably will increase a lot over the next few days). Any guess on how many of those might be upper year students? I'm guessing at least 5

About 20 of the upper year students are members of the FB group 

and inexact but also fun calculation exercise. Just remember there are a lot of course of current students in the group usually - all there to welcome you to the fun!

Here's hoping half the group is upper year students ;)

ha usually is :)

Not this year. They limited it to O-Co's and select O-week captains, about 15 2018's total. (I'm neither, and Jaybird won't let me in the group) :(

Not this year. They limited it to O-Co's and select O-week captains, about 15 2018's total. (I'm neither, and Jaybird won't let me in the group) :(

Bugger off jmatt, no stalking frosh! Bad! 

Also, you got your dates wrong, O-week starts in August.

Yet another reason you weren't selected (aside from the fact that you didn't apply!)  ;)

The facebook group seems to have a relatively high number of members compared to other schools (e.g. mac where the class size is larger). I understand the number of members isn't a very reliable indicator, but I wonder if more people this year are choosing Western over other schools? Or possibly because the link to the group was attached in the offer letter? I'm banking on a good waitlist movement so I hope the latter  :)

Can waitlisters join the group too while they wait (to ask questions)? Or is it only for those who have offers?

Not sure how this normally works (or who normally joins the group), or if it is even common for waitlisters to join

You should likely wait until you have an offer... which will hopefully be soon! :) 

Archived