Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

Are they calling people one by one? I would've thought more people would have gotten a call today ?

One by one I think. Each year I think they assign one committee member to call (so they can always have an updated list of who's still interested and who isn't). I think we just need to be patient :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just double checking, do they only make waitlist offers during business hours/weekdays? Anybody else getting nervous as the Facebook group is filling up?

I think it's just during weekdays. Not sure if it's only business hours but that seems to be the case from previous years.

Starting to get the feeling that most people ended up accepting their offers this year...

Every year, only a few acceptances go out on Friday and I think they go through high waitlist on Monday. Don't lose hope! There are still many spots left in the class I think based on the FB group. Which waitlist are you on?

Every year, only a few acceptances go out on Friday and I think they go through high waitlist on Monday. Don't lose hope! There are still many spots left in the class I think based on the FB group. Which waitlist are you on?

Just curious, how do you know this?

Just curious, how do you know this?

Which part? The Friday / Monday part? Well, I had a lot of time so I went through last year and the year before's waitlist trends (through threads on this site so I'm sure you can find it too).

Last year people started announcing high waitlist movement on May 30th (a Friday) and also the following Monday, with one or two normal waitlisters also getting in then (but more people in the days following Monday).

Two years ago it was on May 31st (Friday again) + Monday for high waitlisters, + very few normals getting in too. Then more Normal following that.

If you're asking about the FB group part, I'm just guessing based on number of people in group since I can't view the page.

Which part? The Friday / Monday part? Well, I had a lot of time so I went through last year and the year before's waitlist trends (through threads on this site so I'm sure you can find it too).

Last year people started announcing high waitlist movement on May 30th (a Friday) and also the following Monday, with one or two normal waitlisters also getting in then (but more people in the days following Monday).

Two years ago it was on May 31st (Friday again) + Monday for high waitlisters, + very few normals getting in too. Then more Normal following that.

If you're asking about the FB group part, I'm just guessing based on number of people in group since I can't view the page.

Yeah I meant the Monday/Friday part. Thanks! Between the filling FB group and the fact I hadn't gotten a call on Friday I was beginning to get worried but this is a little bit reassuring. GL

Thanks! You too! Yeah I decided to not freak out until Wednesday or normal waitlist starts up (whichever comes first). But yeah it's strange watching the group fill up so much. I noticed one or two people left the group too yesterday. So maybe more people are going to leave (though I doubt too many will)

Why do some people leave the group? Do some people drop out after their acceptances? Do the group admins have a list of who's accepted so they know who to allow into the Facebook group or they're just accepting anyone who clicks "join group"?

I'm starting to feel hopeless as a normal waitlistee :(

Why do some people leave the group? Do some people drop out after their acceptances? Do the group admins have a list of who's accepted so they know who to allow into the Facebook group or they're just accepting anyone who clicks "join group"?

I'm starting to feel hopeless as a normal waitlistee :(

I don't know many details since I'm a waitlister too, but I'm pretty sure everyone who joined must be those who were accepted (or are upper years)

As for leaving, I think it could be the following reasons (among others):

• Joined with multiple acceptances. Declined Western but only got around to leaving now.
  • Joined after being pulled off waitlist, got off waitlist at another school which was their preferred school
  • Accepted at Western while waiting for an OOP school (so will leave if that's their preferred site)

Anyway, there must be around 40 spots (or a little more) still left based on the amount of people who've joined. (171 total spots, 140 in the group with ~10-15 upper years). Plus the school starts movement way later than others so you shouldn't give up hope just yet, but I'd say remain cautiously optimistic.

Have you ever seen low waitlisters get in by any chance?? You can be honest! I'd rather know the fact

I removed myself from the normal waitlist on Friday, another spot for one of you deserving individuals! Don't give up hope :) I also know there's some people still in the Schulich 2019 group who are going to attend other schools but just haven't left yet. I don't think the admins have a list of who was accepted but I'm not sure. 

I removed myself from the normal waitlist on Friday, another spot for one of you deserving individuals! Don't give up hope :) I also know there's some people still in the Schulich 2019 group who are going to attend other schools but just haven't left yet. I don't think the admins have a list of who was accepted but I'm not sure.

This is actually very reassuring! Thanks for letting us know and good luck in the future :)

Archived