Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they call and email simultaneously or do they send emails later after calls? And what number do they call from? I accidentally didn't pick up an unknown number call today :(

They told me the email only comes the day after. Don't worry, if it is coming from them I'm sure they'll try to reach you again :)

Do they call and email simultaneously or do they send emails later after calls? And what number do they call from? I accidentally didn't pick up an unknown number call today :(

When they called, my caller ID said Tim Horton's was calling... 

Hello,
Just adding some more info to this thread.
I got off the normal waitlist yesterday for the Windsor campus.

Also, I don't know for sure, but I would expect calls to come in batches throughout the coming months rather than a constant stream everyday. Once we get off the waitlist we have a week to respond and while I'm sure people are super happy I doubt everyone responds right away and even if they do there still some processing time before they can move on through the waitlist. So if you're still on the normal waitlist I'd still have hope!

Hello,

Just adding some more info to this thread.

I got off the normal waitlist yesterday for the Windsor campus.

Also, I don't know for sure, but I would expect calls to come in batches throughout the coming months rather than a constant stream everyday. Once we get off the waitlist we have a week to respond and while I'm sure people are super happy I doubt everyone responds right away and even if they do there still some processing time before they can move on through the waitlist. So if you're still on the normal waitlist I'd still have hope!

Congratulations! :)

The FB group requires approval to join, so don't expect it to immediately reflect acceptances. Personally, it took about 3 days for me to get into the group - and I'm sure for some it took 5 minutes - because it all tends to come in chunks whenever an admin checks.

yeah as much as everyone hear is on edge it is a much more sedate process on the other side. FB admins could just be away for a bit for instance (it is our summer time).

I know everyone is super focused on any data they can get but I wouldn't read too much into any particular days events. We are, as per past years and thus as expected, through the high wait list and now will creep a bit through the normal. Not surprisingly the remaining offers will almost certain be for the Windsor campus. Hang in there - I don't think we aren't done just yet.

For anyone who is worrying about the Facebook group's size, it got updated this morning to 158 members. Some of these (10-15) are upper years. I do know of at least one person who hasn't joined the group but got an acceptance a few days ago, so bear in mind that there will be about 5 or more people who are just taking their time joining the group.

Also, anyone who got a waitlist offer has a week to accept on OMSAS (and OMSAS takes a day or two to process the request before letting Western know). While some people may respond immediately, others might wait a few days to see if they can get off other schools' waitlists before responding, so it is likely that there are still a few spots left. The adcom has to call each person individually too so it also takes them some time to get through whatever list of people they are ready to call. So don't give up hope just yet! I think there might be a couple more offers this week, but I'd guess a few more people will get off the waitlist sometime next week (after the OMSAS deadline has passed).

Archived