Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

We get a full week to respond to our offers, assuming a portion of those offered from the high waitlist refuse to go, chances are there will still be a new batch of offers coming in for the next week :) 

Personally I also know 4-5 people who have accepted their offers at UT/UBC but didn't remove their names from the group, this plus the admins may indicate that the actual number of acceptances might be a fair bit lower than 158, assuming everyone who got acceptances joined the fb group.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the chances of normal wait list being cleared as well?? Any info on this?

No real exact data - I will say it has never cleared while I have been watching it. We always so far go into the high waitlist and then a bit into the normal.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that if you don't get in this year, don't lose hope when it comes to applying to meds. This year I got in after my 3rd time being wait-listed. I have endured the stress you are feeling right now 3 times and during that time I wrote the MCAT twice, spent four years grinding in a research lab, and did more and more and more and more volunteering to make my application as strong as possible. There is no doubt I will be a better doctor for it too.

If you never give up and keep working hard, it will come eventually.

Best wishes,

TCP

Got an offer for the London campus today. Someone above me on wait list must've just dropped their offer completely. So at least one spot has opened up at Windsor campus.

Congrats on the news. Just curious as to how you were able to switch campuses. Did they just call you after you had accepted the offer to Windsor?

So for us normal waitlisters, is it safe to assume that it's all over? That is, that the majority of waitlist movement has already happened and any acceptances over the rest of the summer will be a trickle. Are there any other upcoming events that will cause a decent amount of movement? 

I just want to move on with my life . . . 

So for us normal waitlisters, is it safe to assume that it's all over? That is, that the majority of waitlist movement has already happened and any acceptances over the rest of the summer will be a trickle. Are there any other upcoming events that will cause a decent amount of movement? 

I just want to move on with my life . . . 

Police checks are due soon, if someone is unfortunate enough to have their past interfere that badly then the waitlist might move a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of people getting offers as late as August in the past, but who knows year to year. 

there are rarely drop outs for various reason (often a health issue, and they join up with the school in a later year quite often). Not usual but it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived