Premed 101 Forums

Apply For Osap First Or Loc First?

That is not true. You will still gain access to ~$250k (depending on your bank).

OSAP and LOC are essentially 2 separate entities.

Correct :) They will consider all other outstanding debits though.

you USE osap before you use your LOC though if that makes sense. Only because OSAP is interest free.

I've already gotten the ball rolling for LOC. No reason not to. :) Probably better to get it in earlier rather than risk having to run around at the last minute.

sure - helps keep things organized. Plus tuition is due well before you usually get OSAP or for that matter the start of class. So it is good to get on top of it early.

Wouldn't hurt with any other start up costs as well.

I've already gotten the ball rolling for LOC. No reason not to. :) Probably better to get it in earlier rather than risk having to run around at the last minute.

I took the day off yesterday partly because I knew decision day would inhibit my ability to work productively and also to get the ball rolling on my LOC. I met with Scotia and RBC yesterday. A productive day indeed!

I took the day off yesterday partly because I knew decision day would inhibit my ability to work productively and also to get the ball rolling on my LOC. I met with Scotia and RBC yesterday. A productive day indeed!

I read a lot of what was out there beforehand and decided to go with Scotia. Didn't feel the need to shop around, and I don't want anything that isn't already included anyway, so I've already submitted my application and am just waiting to hear back.

Rather fantastic how fast they talk to you once you say "medicine." Last time I met with a bank regarding products they took a week to give me an appointment.

I read a lot of what was out there beforehand and decided to go with Scotia. Didn't feel the need to shop around, and I don't want anything that isn't already included anyway, so I've already submitted my application and am just waiting to hear back.

Rather fantastic how fast they talk to you once you say "medicine." Last time I met with a bank regarding products they took a week to give me an appointment.

Haha yup! Rmorelan was right, they REALLY want our business!

Edited to add: Speaking of wanting our business, Scotia approved my application today! The banks sure do work fast!

Haha yup! Rmorelan was right, they REALLY want our business!

Edited to add: Speaking of wanting our business, Scotia approved my application today! The banks sure do work fast!

Wow! So I should hear tomorrow, hopefully.

That's impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone applied to OSAP? I'm wondering what the process is? Do they check your bank accounts etc. to see your "net worth"? Or do they go by the numbers that you input into the application forms?

Any help would be appreciated guys! :)

Well since looking at your bank would require a court order and probable cause.......

When do people usually apply for OSAP? I'm guessing it's too early until the classes are finalized and we get our student numbers?

I had a look at my OSAP homepage and couldn't even find the program from the list of options haha.. so off to a great start there. 

When do people usually apply for OSAP? I'm guessing it's too early until the classes are finalized and we get our student numbers?

I had a look at my OSAP homepage and couldn't even find the program from the list of options haha.. so off to a great start there.

Not for a bit longer :)

You can start applying for OSAP now, the 2015/16 program list should be updated (it is for U of T) . I already started the application, because we were given our student numbers in our acceptance email. The application takes 10 minutes and if you have been out of high school for 4 years, then you only need to send in 2 forms.

Archived