Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

Could also be that they take a few days after all the offers have been accepted to let things settle and make sure they have a full class before sending out the email. There's no real rush for them after all.

I think in previous years the "class is full" email came out around this week.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw your post I was hoping that you might have got an offer!   

Well, on these forums there were 3 offers June 7 and 2 offers June 10 - so the lack of email might suggest that at least one of those people haven't decided whether to accept their offer. 

I wish!

Well my friends, barring some last minute deferral or something of the like, it looks like that is it for this year. 

All the best to everyone moving forward!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

According to last year's AFMC stats, 126 people declined their offer to Mac. I'm not sure if this number includes those who were automatically removed from the waitlist after accepting an offer from another Ontario medical school and therefore never technically "offered" admission.

Regardless, a decent number of people get in off the waitlist. Good luck to all the waitlisters. Let the wait begin...

If people still get offers off the waitlist in June (I'm seeing previous posts where people posted on June 10, etc), does that mean that *if they had any other offers* they had to decline them in order to continuing waiting for Mac?

For Ontario schools, they would have to decline offers from other Ontario schools if they want to stay on the waitlist for Mac.

For OOP schools, they can accept their offer and stay on the wait list for Mac until the end (unless you email Mac to remove yourself), though you would lose your deposit to the other school if you come off the Mac wait list and decide to go to Mac instead.

If people still get offers off the waitlist in June (I'm seeing previous posts where people posted on June 10, etc), does that mean that *if they had any other offers* they had to decline them in order to continuing waiting for Mac?

I was one of those accepted in June. I can't speak for others, but I was personally waitlisted at Ottawa and Mac and just ended up hearing back from Mac first. I do know of people in the class that received offers much later than I though. Including someone ~two weeks before the start of classes. Mac's waitlist historically moves quite a bit. 

Thinking of you guys! Try to stay positive! It is not over yet :) 

Hi there

Am on waitlist as well

Have been on it before, my previous attempt at Mac (this is my second attempt) and didn't get in that time so am not holding out hope but all the best and good luck to everyone on here

Hey what are the chances of people being offered off the waitlist within the next two weeks(I.e before we have to accept other offers) ??

Correction: Looks like the first ones last year went out about 8 days after the initial offer day!

Based off of last year (and previous years), I believe they generally start to send them out about 10 days from now. This is just going off of the Accepted/Waitlist/Rejected thread. Not sure if that will be the case this year or not, but I'd say there is hope! :)

I'm waitlisted at Mac too. I've noticed that fewer people posted that they were outright rejected this year than in previous years. Do you folks think its possible they have a bigger waitlist this year?

I think probably people that have been rejected are just feeling disappointed, and are probably less likely to post. But I supposed longer waitlist is possible too, although I'm not sure what the point of that would be! 

NotADoctor2017, I like your spunk. I also like your meme. 

I've convinced myself to expect nothing until next week. Part of my rationale is that it's easier to wait until next week than to shift into high email refreshing paranoia tomorrow. Based on other posts I've read around here, the original offers had a two-week deadline. I've just told myself to let that two weeks pass before I develop expectations again.

That said, I will be thrilled if offers start rolling out tomorrow.

Wishing you all good news soon!

Archived