Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly being on the waitlist is probably one of the worst experiences haha. Yeah I've given up as well and started planning with the assumption I don't get in. Also dreading about going through the application process again. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. Being on the waitlist, without knowing where you stand, is one of the most frustrating experiences. Who knows, maybe your next email will be the offer email!

If only they could just rollover our application materials to the next year so I wouldn't have to hassle my references to fill out the forms again. 

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

Yeah, sorry if I mislead anyone! There are like 380 people in the 2019 group compared to around 480 in the other ones so it is definitely NOT just the actual class. But it gives me some hope because there likely is some space. :)

Well there's 408 in the group now!  If anyone has some free time, you could count how many of them are upper years by removing the people who were added more than 3 weeks ago and by looking through the others' profiles to remove those who are already med students.

There's not much else hopeful waitlisters like us can do, right? 

Well there's 408 in the group now!  If anyone has some free time, you could count how many of them are upper years by removing the people who were added more than 3 weeks ago and by looking through the others' profiles to remove those who are already med students.

There's not much else hopeful waitlisters like us can do, right? 

haha if I had free time I would count for you but its OSCE season so I can't :( 

It's really odd that Ottawa and Queen's have both been moving, but Mac hasn't. All the forums seem to be much less active in general though, so its likely that people have been getting offers this week and just not posting them.

Well, there SEEMS to be a number of people mulling over offers from Mac and other universities in Ontario (they got in off the waitlist at two or more schools) or trying to choose between Mac and a school in a different Province...so chances are that the waitlist will move a little more...

In past years, Wendy has sent out an email saying that the class is full near the end of June...so we will see... 

Congrats to those who got in at Mac and at other schools! I envy receiving two offers on one day!  :) 

The Facebook group has grown to 422 (up from 418 yesterday). 

Could it be said that the  higher amount of people who were offered off the waitlist prior to the initial deadline compared to previous years suggest that more people declined McMaster, at least earlier on? This would assume McMaster initially overaccepts by a similar amount each year.  However, the low number of posts on this forum regarding waitlist offers subsequent to May 24th seems to negate my hypothesis - perhaps people have just been more diligent in deciding early. 

Well hopefully, we'll see some more offers sent out next week, as it will be the 2-week deadline for those who received offers during the week of May 24th. 

Archived