Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

Congrats to those who got in at Mac and at other schools! I envy receiving two offers on one day!  :) 

The Facebook group has grown to 422 (up from 418 yesterday). 

Could it be said that the  higher amount of people who were offered off the waitlist prior to the initial deadline compared to previous years suggest that more people declined McMaster, at least earlier on? This would assume McMaster initially overaccepts by a similar amount each year.  However, the low number of posts on this forum regarding waitlist offers subsequent to May 24th seems to negate my hypothesis - perhaps people have just been more diligent in deciding early. 

Well hopefully, we'll see some more offers sent out next week, as it will be the 2-week deadline for those who received offers during the week of May 24th. 

One of those was in our class so 3 people joined the WL. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who got in at Mac and at other schools! I envy receiving two offers on one day!  :) 

The Facebook group has grown to 422 (up from 418 yesterday). 

Could it be said that the  higher amount of people who were offered off the waitlist prior to the initial deadline compared to previous years suggest that more people declined McMaster, at least earlier on? This would assume McMaster initially overaccepts by a similar amount each year.  However, the low number of posts on this forum regarding waitlist offers subsequent to May 24th seems to negate my hypothesis - perhaps people have just been more diligent in deciding early. 

Well hopefully, we'll see some more offers sent out next week, as it will be the 2-week deadline for those who received offers during the week of May 24th. 

Could be a lot of things.

Mac could have started offering off the waitlist earlier. More people could have initially declined. Fewer people in general decided to post on the forums for whatever reason. Fewer offers could have been made this year due to greater interest in Mac.

This upcoming week will probably be the last to have movement on the waitlist though. After that, it'll probably be 1 - 2 at most for the last minute declines.

Long time lurker here - just made an account to let you guys know that I've been accepted to the Hamilton Campus off waitlist.

Received my email from Wendy at 9:43am this morning.

Seems like many of you guys were wondering whether the waitlist is still moving, just as I was, so hopefully this is good news to you all!

Good luck everyone!

Long time lurker here - just made an account to let you guys know that I've been accepted to the Hamilton Campus off waitlist.

Received my email from Wendy at 9:43am this morning.

Seems like many of you guys were wondering whether the waitlist is still moving, just as I was, so hopefully this is good news to you all!

Good luck everyone!

Appreciate it, thanks

All these posts about people getting calls today has me feeling more optimistic than usual! Congrats guys!! Hopefully more movement is on its way still!

All these posts today have made me resigned to the reality that it's over for me this cycle. I probably was far too optimistic about my interview and likely am sitting at the bottom of the list. It's time for me to get me apps ready for the next cycle!

Congrats everyone!

Congrats to those who got in!

All these posts today have made me resigned to the reality that it's over for me this cycle. I probably was far too optimistic about my interview and likely am sitting at the bottom of the list. It's time for me to get me apps ready for the next cycle!

Congrats everyone!

It doesn't look good for us...I too am feeling that it won't happen this year and that I am at the very bottom of the list! But occasionally, my optimism informs me that I just as well could be the next one to be emailed about an open spot!

The good news is that the class hasn't been pronounced full just yet. There will likely be somewhere between 1 and 3 offers over the next couple of weeks...and then after that there may be 1 or 2 people who withdraw late for whatever reason or defer...

When should we realistically stop expecting offers and does anyone know when the class officially became full last year?

End of this week probably. Maybe Monday, since some people may take the final weekend to decide. After that point, I'd be more worried about a "class is full" email than an acceptance from Wendy.

End of this week probably. Maybe Monday, since some people may take the final weekend to decide. After that point, I'd be more worried about a "class is full" email than an acceptance from Wendy.

Oof, getting that email is going to be a real roller coaster of emotions.

For the purposes of data:

I got off the waitlist ten days after acceptances were sent out. There is a roommate document on the Facebook group, and the # of people on it has more than doubled since I put my name on it (there are 77 names on it right now).

Of course, it's possible that some people who got in super early didn't add themselves to the document until now... Still, as long as Wendy has not sent the "class is full" e-mail, there is definitely still a fair chance (people are getting added to the group semi-regularly).

At this point I'm waiting for the email from Wendy informing us that the class is full...The only good news is that we haven't got that one yet.

When I saw your post I was hoping that you might have got an offer!   

Well, on these forums there were 3 offers June 7 and 2 offers June 10 - so the lack of email might suggest that at least one of those people haven't decided whether to accept their offer. 

Archived