Premed 101 Forums

Bac En Ergothérapie Mcgill

Bonjour à tous, étant dans la catégorie universitaire, j'attends toujours ma réponse pour l'admission au programme d'ergothérapie.

Je voulais savoir si quelqu'un est dans la même situation que moi et attend toujours une réponse pour le programme ou si quelqu'un de la même catégorie à reçu une réponse de l'université (J'ai essayé de les contacter pour avoir de l'Info, mais il me dise toujours la même chose : cela peut prendre jusqu'au mois de juillet!!!)

Je parlais avec mon ami qui avont transfere dans le programme de bac d'un autre programme de McGill ( kin ) , il a dit qu'il avait recu son reponse mi-juillet ou aout.

sorry for my horrible french it is not my first language.

in case you also undertsand english.

I spoke to my friend who transferred into the bachelors program at mcgill from another program at mcgill (kin) he said it took them until about mid july or august to give him their response. He said he applied end of april.

Je parlais avec mon ami qui avont transfere dans le programme de bac d'un autre programme de McGill ( kin ) , il a dit qu'il avait recu son reponse mi-juillet ou aout.

sorry for my horrible french it is not my first language.

in case you also undertsand english.

I spoke to my friend who transferred into the bachelors program at mcgill from another program at mcgill (kin) he said it took them until about mid july or august to give him their response. He said he applied end of april.

WOW!!! took him that long before he got the answer?! Do you know if the  answer was positive or not? (was he on the waitlist, was it a refusal, acceptation?)

WOW!!! took him that long before he got the answer?! Do you know if the  answer was positive or not? (was he on the waitlist, was it a refusal, acceptation?)

He was accepted, he didn't mention whether or not he was on the waitlist.

Is it a good program if one wants to switch to something like pharmacy after?

maybe not at Mcgill, but definitively at UDEM or Ulaval because you get to have a 0.5 added to your cote R (since you study at there university) and the program also has a strong IFG. 

But at Mcgill, the IFG is not as strong and if you transfer from another university at ulaval or udem, it will be harder to distinguish yourself from the other applicant. 

Some of my friend that were in ot at udem were able to switch to either pharmacy or dentistry after 1 or 2 years, but none from mcgill

maybe not at Mcgill, but definitively at UDEM or Ulaval because you get to have a 0.5 added to your cote R (since you study at there university) and the program also has a strong IFG. 

But at Mcgill, the IFG is not as strong and if you transfer from another university at ulaval or udem, it will be harder to distinguish yourself from the other applicant. 

Some of my friend that were in ot at udem were able to switch to either pharmacy or dentistry after 1 or 2 years, but none from mcgill

Hmm... Maybe because of McGill's grading scale.

ULaval uses the IFG of their own programs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

J'ai aucune nouvelle pour le moment de Mcgill. Je suis dans la catégorie universitaire et mon dossier est toujours à l'étude. 

J'aimerais savoir s'il y en a qui on reçu des nouvelles et qui sont aussi dans la meme catégorie et s'il n'y a pas de changement dans le statu??

• 2 weeks later...

juste mentionner que les offres sont sorties hier soir à 19h00 pour ceux qui voulaient un update.

Just out of curiosity, did you get in? I got a waitlist offer. I also have a university degree already, but I'm curious about their tendencies for admitting 'universitaires' to the undergrad program...

I'm also curious about their tendency to accept transfer student (especially from other university). I hope that I will get in as OT is my first choice (MAC campus is way to far. it will be to complexe to get there by public transport and I hate driving). 

I have until july 29th to give them my answer (for nutrition). I don't know if that could help in any way. 

Good luck

Archived