Premed 101 Forums

Is Pharmacy Non-Trad Friendly?

masalachai

Hi, everyone.

So basically, I am a non-trad in that I did horribly in my first undergraduate degree (stats are too embarassing to even post) due to mental health issues, personal crises and overall poor study habits, and will most certainly need to do a second undergrad degree for the potential chance at not only medical school, but pretty much any other health care career.

I'm trying to cast a wide net and look into all the potential healthcare career options that would be viable once I've completed a second degree.. I've been doing some serious research on pharmacy and spoke to several pharmacists I know and so far it seems like it would be a career I would truly enjoy and find rewarding and interesting.

The question is, will they have me? I know some medical schools are more forgiving of bad marks if you make up for it with more years of undergrad, does anyone know if this also applies to pharmacy schools in Canada? i'm in Ontario but would be willing to relocate to another province. I've been looking at all the websites for the different schools and all of them seem to look at cumultative GPAs. Does anyone know or have experience with schools that might look at marks only from a second undergrad?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived