Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Firmly Accepted the OT offer from UofT.

UWO waitlist should move up as a result.

Best of luck to everyone!

Welcome event was good. I'd be lying if I said it didn't influence me at least a bit. It was basically an introduction to the program (studies, placements, etc...), a few testimonials from students, Q&A, and a tour of the Rehabilitation Sciences building (where most of our schooling will take place).

You're way sexier in person than I ever imagined. <3

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE WHO IS UPGRADING after finishing their undergrad...

1. What courses/types of courses are you taking to improve your gpa? (anatomy, psych..or unrelated like environment, math?)

2. And I'm guessing they would be courses that arn't that hard?

3. are they all 3rd or 4th year courses? or can you take 1st or 2nd year courses to upgrade?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Applied: UBC, UofA, UofT (all OT)

Accepted: UofA, UofT

Waitlisted:

Rejected: UBC

cumGPA: 3.90

subGPA: 3.95

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I feel that my personal statements and essays were strong. I have 4+ years of research experience and have worked in a retirement home for 3+ years and volunteered for a physiotherapy clinic for 1 year. I had great references from my professors and supervisors from my research positions. I did get an interview at UBC, but I don't think it went very well... I was extremely nervous and felt like I didn't answer their questions fully which probably hurt my chances a lot. I have decided to accept UofT so a spot will open up for UofA! Excited to start in September and looking forward to meeting all of you going to Toronto!

UGH THE DEADLINE IS TODAY AND PEOPLE ARE LIKE THIS ARE APPLYING, I'M NEVER GONNA BE ABLE TO GET IN ='(

Archived