Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone received a rejection email from UofT yet? I didn't received a CAP invite and assume that I won't, but just curious to know what the GPA cutoff was this year!

if you did not receive an mmi invite, then you should expect a rejection letter. At lease that is what happened last year and what I am expecting this year too.

Got invited to UofT CAP but rejected for Alberta MMIs.

SubGPA 3.82.

Good luck everyone

May I ask if you're from Alberta?

** Sorry I just read one of your other posts and got the answer to this question! Please disregard. Sorry again.

I just got my U of T rejection letter for PT in the mail. :(-_-

I'm so sorry :( did the letter explain why you got rejected? I applied to OT and wondering if those not meeting the GPA cut-offs are supposed to hear from U of T soon? :S I'm feeling so anxious. All these unknowns and uncertainties are adding to my stress.

I'm so sorry :( did the letter explain why you got rejected? I applied to OT and wondering if those not meeting the GPA cut-offs are supposed to hear from U of T soon? :S I'm feeling so anxious. All these unknowns and uncertainties are adding to my stress.

Not really. It just said that they receive a lot of apps and can only select very highly qualified candidates. The letter is very polite. Don't worry, I expected it since my GPA was low. I just applied because it did not cost me more money in app fees. Here is to hoping I get better news from other schools. I have not heard back from their OT program so I am guessing it is taking them longer to process apps.

Good luck to us both. 

Hey OTHopeful, I think it's different for OT and PT at U of T, because for PT they write the CAP, whereas for OT the application is the only thing used to determine who is accepted. From my experience last year from being rejected from U of T (having applied to OT) I only found out on the day the acceptances came out through ORPAS. 

Hopefully this year bring better news!

Hi everyone, current U of T PT student here. I'll be assisting with administering and marking the CAP. Can't help you out as per the school's rules, but Leon's previous tests were a lot of help. As for dress code, just look professional! No need to suit up and wear anything too fancy, you want to be comfortable for the 2 hours you're there. Also, 2 hours seems like a lot of time, but I ASSURE YOU, it is NOT. So I'd suggest not trying to reach the maximum word count for each answer. Answer as well as you can and be brief, and add if you have time at the end. Best of luck to all! Feel free to ask any questions that aren't directly regarding interview questions (they don't give me the questions anyway).

Current Mac student here,

Please feel free to message with any questions regarding the MMI interview and about the program in general. 

If you have questions about the Queen's PT program as well, I have many fellow colleagues over there that I can link you to.

Best,

Diego.

Hi everyone, current U of T PT student here. I'll be assisting with administering and marking the CAP. Can't help you out as per the school's rules, but Leon's previous tests were a lot of help. As for dress code, just look professional! No need to suit up and wear anything too fancy, you want to be comfortable for the 2 hours you're there. Also, 2 hours seems like a lot of time, but I ASSURE YOU, it is NOT. So I'd suggest not trying to reach the maximum word count for each answer. Answer as well as you can and be brief, and add if you have time at the end. Best of luck to all! Feel free to ask any questions that aren't directly regarding interview questions (they don't give me the questions anyway).

Hey PTapplic! What would you suggest in terms of a test taking strategy for the CAP? How did you prep before your CAP test? Is there right or wrong answers to the CAP questions?

Thanks!

Did anyone else receive an offer of admission to Dalhousie OT program?

Hey, I haven't, patiently waiting :( but just wondering when you found out? And if you wouldn't mind sharing your GPA? I'm so anxious, refreshing my email every two seconds...

Hey, I haven't, patiently waiting :( but just wondering when you found out? And if you wouldn't mind sharing your GPA? I'm so anxious, refreshing my email every two seconds...

I got it at 11:29 AM this morning. I think they are still being sent out. My sGPA is 3.7 and cGPA is 3.78. I have 7 years of experience working with individuals with disablities. idk if they consider that as well. I called the department and they did not even know the grad office send out offers. so hang in there. 

McMaster Ot interview invites just went out. got mine at 3:35pm. anyone else got one?

Looks like I am going to have to decline since I have an interview in Manitoba the day before and McMaster said they cannot change the interview dates. Plus the costs involved.. Someone on the waitlist might be getting an invite. Goodluck to us all

I got it at 11:29 AM this morning. I think they are still being sent out. My sGPA is 3.7 and cGPA is 3.78. I have 7 years of experience working with individuals with disablities. idk if they consider that as well. I called the department and they did not even know the grad office send out offers. so hang in there.

Oh awesome, congratulations! Are you from the Maritimes or NL? And thanks! I hope I find out soon. The waiting is hard.

Archived