Premed 101 Forums

Changer De Mauricie À Montréal

Bonjour tout le monde. Je suis présentement accepté en médecine au campus de Mauricie (bac connexe). J'aimerais savoir s'il y a quelqu'un qui voudrait changer de Montréal à Mauricie et qui voudrait changer avec moi. Merci.

Leaving aside the 90 minute drive to & from Montreal, have you carefully considered the pros and cons of each location?

If I can't change and have to go, I'll go. I have no doubt that the education there is top notch and apparently they have dissection labs whereas Montreal doesn't, which is a major plus. However, I'm from Montreal so it would be much much more convenient for me to stay. Plus, I don't have my full license yet let alone a car to return to Montreal to see my family. Also I'd need to spend quite a bit more there for renting and transport.

The so-called convenience is outweighed by the amazing advantages of attending a small, satellite school with about 40 students in your class. The rent is exceedingly cheap, especially if you share an apartment with classmates and you can live 90 seconds from school/the hospital. You can learn to highway drive over summer, a GPS takes away the hassle &leasing/buying a car is affordable. Just saying.  :P

Archived