Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisite: "whichever The Two Is The Most Favourable"

0zero0zero

Hi all,

I sent an email to AED Med and I didn't get a clear response. I was wondering whether someone can clarify this for me:

"Candidates applying to the MDCM program who have completed the seven required prerequiste courses and who have also completed introductory level university courses in molecular biology, cell biology, mammalian physiology and organic chemistry will be evaluated on whichever of the two is the most favourable to the candidate.

I've done all the prereqs in CEGEP and have done poorly. I've also done the mentioned courses above in university. So this brings me to my question....Which two are they comparing?

1) CEGEP courses vs molecular biology + cell biology + mammalian physiology + organic chemistry?

2) CEGEP courses vs CEGEP courses + molecular biology + cell biology + mammalian physiology + organic chemistry?

Thanks!

No idea how they look at it, but it is well known on this forum, and you can look at it through older posts, that the science pre-req criteria is to be taken with a grain of salt, especially if you did them in CEGEP and then did well in a science bachelor afterwards

For example, I myself had a 2.7 science pre-req, gracieusete du cegep, and still managed to be accepted this year (250 interviewed for 90 spots). Same goes for a few other users here

My bet is that of you do well in university-level chem, phgy, biol courses, they won't hold a grudge for flunking your cegep science courses

Best of luck!

No idea how they look at it, but it is well known on this forum, and you can look at it through older posts, that the science pre-req criteria is to be taken with a grain of salt, especially if you did them in CEGEP and then did well in a science bachelor afterwards

For example, I myself had a 2.7 science pre-req, gracieusete du cegep, and still managed to be accepted this year (250 interviewed for 90 spots). Same goes for a few other users here

My bet is that of you do well in university-level chem, phgy, biol courses, they won't hold a grudge for flunking your cegep science courses

Best of luck!

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it!

Archived