Premed 101 Forums

Note Taking Methods

Dannny

Hello everyone,

I just started dental school and I'm realizing that I need to change my study methods.

During all my studies before this point, the amount of info/slides/papers was manageable, so I always printed and wrote my own little notes by hand. However, at this point, it isn't realistic to print everything.

So I'm switching to computer studying.

First off, I'm curious to ask/see if you guys think it's a good idea to change the way I study now. If so, can you computer note takers give me some tips/tricks for online studying, and how to make it as efficient as by hand note taking? What are the best ways to write on slides? I doubt the Notes box on the bottom of Powerpoint is "the best". Surprise me :)

Thanks in advance!

OneNote in full page view, press ctrl+alt+D to dock the window to the right. Then you have essentially a blank notepad and powerpoint to the left from which to take notes off

You could print the notes to onenote and then write/draw on the slides, but I find it such a hassle - timing wise and making everything work properly. Often notes just give context to powerpoint slides, so they are not needed beyond the initial review. The easier it is to record them the less time you are wasting that you could be spending learning the notes.

OneNote in full page view, press ctrl+alt+D to dock the window to the right. Then you have essentially a blank notepad and powerpoint to the left from which to take notes off

You could print the notes to onenote and then write/draw on the slides, but I find it such a hassle - timing wise and making everything work properly. Often notes just give context to powerpoint slides, so they are not needed beyond the initial review. The easier it is to record them the less time you are wasting that you could be spending learning the notes.

Agreed. When u write with this method, how do you keep everything together? Whenever u want to study, u gotta open ppt and the onenote specific note?

Archived