Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Question About Whether I Need To Send A Transcript?

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,


I'm a Canadian who attended post-secondary school in the US. I have a question regarding continuing eduction units. Basically for one of my internships we were awarded continuing eduction units from an adult education college and they count as non-credit study (see info below, I copy and pasted from the school). I need advice as to whether a letter of registration from the school is required? Since this is not really a formal course and only used for career purposes. Thank you! 


Continuing Education Units (CEU) provide a cumulative record of noncredit study at the post-secondary level. They are useful where employers, relicensure agencies and other authorities require a specified number of hours of instruction for career advancement purposes, and where noncredit study is acceptable.

How CEUs are Awarded
  • One CEU is awarded for 10 contact hours of participation.
  • Fewer than 10 hours are shown as fractional CEUs. For example, an eight-hour conference earns .8 CEU. A three-day short course with eight hours of instruction per day, totaling 24 hours, earns 2.4 CEUs.
  • Credit earned in UCR Extension X300 and X400 series courses (professional credit courses), with a beginning date on or after June 1, 1974, is convertible to Continuing Education Units on the basis of one CEU for each quarter unit of credit earned. A notation to this effect is carried on UCR Extension transcripts.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this