Premed 101 Forums

Cut-Off Wgpa

jesk

Can anyone help me to figure out if Ottawa already has the WGPA cut-off or not for this application cycle?

On their web site, it says:

Candidates who meet the required minimum average set for their category will see their application advance in the section process and those who do not meet the minimum cut-off will not advance further. The minimum WGPA cut-offs are determined by the quantity and the quality of the applications that we receive(https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/excellence-marks).

I assume that they don't have "the quantity and the quality of the application that we receive" yet for this cycle, why do many people say WGPA cut-off is 3.85 for Ontario residents?

I am confused.

People say 3.85 because you can email them, and they have given that answer. I don't really see it changing, it will be interesting to see what CASPer does to the average gpa of interviews though.

I will see if I can ask the director of admissions. He is 20 feet away at the moment doing an admissions talk.

Interestingly CASPER isn't evaluated by the Ottawa medical school. There is an outside agency that does it. Including the French version.

Look at rmorelan go xD. How do you think CASPer is going to be affected now that a third party is marking it? I wonder what this means for Mac as they've been using med students and other docs/maybe community members to do it. Just another variable in the black box that is CASPer  :confused:

Look at rmorelan go xD. How do you think CASPer is going to be affected now that a third party is marking it? I wonder what this means for Mac as they've been using med students and other docs/maybe community members to do it. Just another variable in the black box that is CASPer  :confused:

I think it is a bit of a new test personally - now to apply to the french stream you have actually answer questions QUICKLY and LOGICALLY in french. You cannot just speak it and kind of squeeze by. CASPER on top of everything else is now also a french language test in effect.

I emailed admissions about the wGPA for this cycle and got this back:

The WGPA cut-off for residents from the province of Ontario (including the Ottawa and Outaouais-Québec regions) – English program is 3.85/4.00

I thought the WGPA for Ottawa area residents was 3.70. It was always lower than Ontario residents, but did that change it?

EDIT: WOW they did change the WGPA cutoffs so Ottawa residents no longers have a lower cut off. Not that it really matters because i've never heard of a student with a 3.70 GPA get into the program, but thats still a bit disappointing.

Archived