Premed 101 Forums

Chiropractic Treatment/ Physiotherapy?

Hi,                                                                                              

Which treatment method is effective for bike crash leg injury? Last month I got an accident and had broken my right legs. I had my surgery, but the pain remains constant. While browsing, I noticed that chiropractic/ physiotherapy treatment is good for this kind of injuries and pain. My friends are suggested me to get a treatment from Oakville chiropractic centre ( http://www.oakvillechiropractic.com/ ). But I'm confused. Which one will be better for me? Any suggestions would be appreciable. Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elizabeth,

Maybe you already made up your mind, but both professions can assess and manage your leg pain. The approach will vary fro practitioner to practitioner, so I would suggest calling first to see what treatments they have to offer. While physiotherapists tend to be relatively homogenous with their treatment approach (mostly active therapy with assistance with therapy modalities and manual therapy), chiropractors can be more eclectic; some only do manual treatments like adjustments to the spine, while others use mostly therapeutic modality equipment, and others still who are more exercise oriented. Some chiropractors are a mix of all of the above. In the end, you should go with a practitioner who you feel comfortable with and is offering a treatment approach that makes sense to you.

Be well,

• 6 years later...
On 9/28/2015 at 12:01 PM, elizabethr said:

Hi,                                                                                              

Which treatment method is effective for bike crash leg injury? Last month I got an accident and had broken my right legs. I had my surgery, but the pain remains constant. While browsing, I noticed that chiropractic/ physiotherapy treatment is good for this kind of injuries and pain. My friends are suggested me to get a treatment from Oakville chiropractic centre ( http://www.oakvillechiropractic.com/ ). But I'm confused. Which one will be better for me? Any suggestions would be appreciable. Thank you in advance.

Hi, elizabethr

The treatment method that is effective for bike crash injury usually depends on the type and severity of injury. It is important to consult with a health care professional to find out which treatment plan would be most suitable.

Chiropractic Treatment: Chiropractors offer gentle, but firm, hands-on therapy to realign the spine and joints in order to reduce pressure on nerves and provide pain relief by addressing any other problems in the back or neck area. In addition, they may recommend postural awareness exercises, spinal adjustments or massage therapy for additional pain relief benefits.

Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy can help you regain strength and mobility while relieving your pain from a bike crash injury over time. The best physiotherapists use a combination of hands-on therapy, education and exercise to treat your symptoms.