Premed 101 Forums

I'm from an Ontario university and submitted my TRF on October 1, along with my application. I was just notified today (letter issued Oct 6, recieved Oct 9) that OUAC had a problem requesting the transcript (identity issue) and is now asking me to resolve this issue. However, the OUAC website and all the med school websites states that the Oct 1 deadline for recieving transcript is a strict deadline. Am I automatically disqualified?

I will call both the school and OUAC but seeing as its a long holiday I would really like some help asap.

They need to have the TRF by October 1st, not the transcript. Transcripts weren't ordered until after the October 1st deadline. You'll be fine.

Sorry I'm still paranoid. The school's personal website (e.g. UofT) says that they must recieve the transcript by the strict deadline of Oct 1. I heard that TRFs are processed immediately and that's why TRFs recieved Oct 1 are fine for the schools. Or, does it imply that schools are okay with TRF by Oct 1 as well? I'll call the schools on Tue just in case

Sorry I'm still paranoid. The school's personal website (e.g. UofT) says that they must recieve the transcript by the strict deadline of Oct 1. I heard that TRFs are processed immediately and that's why TRFs recieved Oct 1 are fine for the schools. Or, does it imply that schools are okay with TRF by Oct 1 as well? I'll call the schools on Tue just in case

I called OMSAS about this earlier and they said that if you're an Ontario student submitting the TRF by October 1st is fine. I think that sentence is more directed towards out-of-province students, since they don't fill out the TRF. I filled out my TRF and the transcripts were received earlier this week. It wouldn't be particularly fair if I was disqualified even though I did everything correctly by the deadline.

Archived