Premed 101 Forums

Irish Medical Schools And Mcat

They look at overall score and the individual subsections. They tend to be really holistic, but generally the higher you score, the better your chances are. I wouldn't be terribly worried about CARS with Ireland because they don't care as much about doing too poorly in an individual subsection. 

Does anyone know how irish medical schools look at or factor in the MCAT? For example, do they look at the overall score or have cut offs for individual sections?

I just got my MCAT scores back and did really bad in CARS, and okay on other sections (127/122/126/130 = 505)

OMSAS cGPA = 3.86 

that is good enough enough score I'm pretty sure as it converts to 29 old score.  I know someone getting in with 29 and 3.0 gap for australian school which is more comp than Irish schools.

that is good enough enough score I'm pretty sure as it converts to 29 old score.  I know someone getting in with 29 and 3.0 gap for australian school which is more comp than Irish schools.

Irish schools are more competitive than Australian schools, a 3.0 GPA and 29 MCAT won't cut it at Ireland for sure. 

Archived