Premed 101 Forums

Ireland Schools

• 2 weeks later...

I applied there right out of high school and I actually got in but decided not to go. I really liked the application process because it was through Atlantic Bridge I like how you submitted everything in one place and they have good customer service. Application process was personal essay, recommendation letter and transcript then you got invited to an interview if you made the cut off. I did my interview in a Hilton hotel in Toronto. You go into a board room wait there talk to people until you get called in and sit in front of couple people and they ask you questions. Mine ended up going quite off topic (at some point we were talking about David Beckham). Two questions they asked that I heard some other people also get asked was 1. How are you planning on funding your education? 2. Are you aware of any recent medical news?

Very chill and relaxing interview. I just kind of had difficulty understanding their accent and I asked them to repeat questions a couple times. 

I applied from high school and got in but didn't go. The schools I applied to didn't interview, so it was a relatively simple and straightforward process for me. I remember submitting a personal statement and my grades and standardized test scores along with my resume. If you have any questions just let me know. 

• 4 weeks later...

Curious as to what the factors were why you chose not to go?

Also curious, do you mind sharing which school interviewed you and if you had a chance to learn more about the program structure? how did it "feel" overall? were you convinced it is a good level of education but chose not to go for other reasons?

lastly, did any of you actually visit the schools and what did you think? any that stood out?

Curious as to what the factors were why you chose not to go?

Also curious, do you mind sharing which school interviewed you and if you had a chance to learn more about the program structure? how did it "feel" overall? were you convinced it is a good level of education but chose not to go for other reasons?

lastly, did any of you actually visit the schools and what did you think? any that stood out?

The school I got into wasn't in my preferred location and I had gotten into my first choice school anyways. I did visit one of the schools I applied to, it was pretty much no different from your typical university campus in Canada probably similar to a McMaster or a York. 

Archived