Premed 101 Forums

The Casper Crash Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you guys messaging them through the chat thing? lol

Jenny responds to messages. I told her I want an opportunity to finish my test, but not right now and she said to send them a message via the chat feature tomorrow. I don't understand how they have no phone number for communication.

I don't think it will counted as a whole new attempt because so many of us went back to do it and the site crashed (not our fault). Anyways, I asked still and got this message from them:

That's alright. All responses will be saved. If responses are missing we'll contact you. 

Regards,

Jenny 

You are right! They said the same to me and their twitter account says whoever had not completed the test from 2pm can go ahead and complete it now!

If you do continue, there is no guarantee they will be counted or saved, as they clearly said all your responses before the crash have been automatically saved. But, the responses after that, may not be saved. I am not sure about this but if you do continue, what if that is counted as a whole other attempt, will that not be a setback

Ignore my post, they said they will be saved, so I went ahead and completed it too!

Jenny responds to messages. I told her I want an opportunity to finish my test, but not right now and she said to send them a message via the chat feature tomorrow. I don't understand how they have no phone number for communication.

So you just send a message through the chat thing on their website and they respond? My message from 5 hours ago still says "not seen"

Will I have the chance to continue later on tonight I wonder? I won't be able to until 10PM or so. But I'd rather continue then risk the chance of them saying they have "enough data" and only base my test on 7 (was on 8th, but one completely skipped) prompts.

hopefully they allow us to continue tomorrow cause I can't do until 10:00 pm either and it's  just too late for my brain lol

Just got the email re: our current options (finish current test before 7:30PM, or start new test at 10PM). I sent them an email as I'd rather start from the beginning on a new date (the third option they didn't provide much info on). It wasn't very clear if going on another date would mean starting a full new test, starting a shortened new test or continuing the current test. If anyone has any further info on this that would be much appreciated! I feel a bit too frazzled (and not to mention tired) to start fresh at 10PM.

Also crashed, I think after the 8 or 9th. Can't remember because when it actually worked I was so shocked and not prepared that I sorta freaked out and lost it. Lol. Definitely butchered the end and wish I didn't write again. Brutal.. absolutely brutal. :( Wonder how they'll deal with this..

Ok so I finished the rest of my test right before I got an email discussing the options moving forward. The email says: 

For those that would prefer to start again, the 10pm EDT test is available to you. As the content is different, deciding to reschedule to 10pm means re-taking the entire test, and we will ignore responses from 2pm. Respond back to this email if you would like to take this action so we can reschedule you.

For all others that feel they would prefer to re-take another day, we'll be in touch shortly with some options. 

but because I had just finished, I asked Jenny from the chat if I could still rewrite mine since I felt my last few answers were half heartedly written. She said to send them a message TOMORROW about rescheduling for another day. 

I'm really sorry for those at 2:00 PM.... My 4:00 PM went as smooth as possible (except for the delays).

Honestly it wasnt that bad, I was comfortably done 10 stations so i knew no matter what it would be scored. I opted to finish the last two for the sake of closure; one went better than average and one about average. These kind of stressful experiences just test your suitability for med ;):P 

I completed the 4PM test (5:10). I was unable to take a webcam photo. I was able to during the test. I tried refreshing, changing browsers, etc. I decided to proceed withotu a webcam. A little pissed, because apparently this is noted on my casper record. 

Talk about stress! Mine crashed after the break. Is there any recourse? Do they offer an uninterrupted retake or is the total panic caused by technical failure, inserted between major ethical decisions, simply a model of the real life of a physician?

Yes, I plan to retake mine (I only completed 9/12 sections before the crash). I'm waiting for CASPer to get back to me with a new test date. Confirmed with McMaster admissions by email that this won't be a problem.

I'm trying to decide if I should retake mine or not... I managed to do 10/12 before the crash. I felt confident about the first 10 but my last two definitely weren't as great, which I may or may not attribute to the crash but regardless it was not the most favourable experience.

Anyone have any comments?

Archived