Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites?

0zero0zero

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't matter much because post-interview scoring is 80% MMI, 20% pre-req GPA.

I think b1812 was referring to the preinterview ranking. Like, if you received an invite today, is your preinterview score higher than those that have not heard back yet? Or is this process random? 

I'm very sorry to ask this because I feel like it has been explained... but I really don't know what to expect if I am not offered an interview. I applied to the MD/MBA stream so I understand that those decisions might not come out today, but if I am NOT offered an interview, will my status stay as "Ready for Review?" And if I'm offered an interview it will say something else?

Hey! I can answer this one. MD/MBAs get their invites with the other MDCM students. Like others mentioned, there's still Monday. Good luck!

Hey guys weird question but if I got an interview last year is it likely that i'll get one this year? I know it's not definite, just wanted to know if it's likely.

Got an invite last year and just got one this year too. But I know some people got one 2 years ago but not last year.

Wondering when people's interviews are scheduled for? I'm wondering if they are sending out 1 interview day at a time

a couple of people here and someone i know all got it on the 17th! I feel like we can't really crack the code and its just going to be more frustrating! Hopefully they're not going to make us wait till Monday! 

For reference: Last year most (if not all) rejections were sent January 19th and acceptances were sent January 20th (I received mine that afternoon) if I have my dates correct. This year it seems they are shaking things up a bit! 

Update: I am OOP and still have 'Ready for Review' on my file. 

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview thus far and good luck to everyone else! 

P.s. As a kind reminder, if you are invited for interview please post in the 'Interview / Regrets' topic for 2016 so everyone can see stats in one convenient location. :) 

Keep dreaming but stop worrying about the tiny details, hoping to make correlations between your last name, your GPA, the moment you have submitted and the fact that maybe you might get invited on Monday, after all the others.

It might be difficult, heartbreaking and disappointing to be rejected after so much efforts, that I am sure all of you have put in your studies. 

I am still with the 'Read to review' statuts, IP/QC-UNI.

I am 100% sure that means a rejection.

Will come back stronger next year. :)

Hoping to see you all get in.

And congrats to the ones invited!

Archived