Premed 101 Forums

Mmi Practice In Montreal

msalei15

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to start practicing for MMI either through skype or in person. We can create a small group. I know we havent heard back yet from most schools, but when we do, a month (in the case of McGill) isnt enough time to get ride of bad habits. 

Let me know!

Is it something very useful for McGill MMI? I know that for french schools, it's absolutely not necessary to attend group meetings and practice sessions...It's my first time applying at McGill so I was wondering if this process was necessary for McGill???

It's not necessary to attend any of the practice session.  It's just that some people find it help to get some practice in.

Okay! For a first time applicant, would you recommend to attend those practice sessions in case of an invitation for the MMI?

I don't know what goes on in those practice sessions in particular, but I do recommend getting some amount of practice in.

I was a first time applicant last year and it was my first MMI.  I did one practice session (going over 3-4 scenarios) with a current McGill student and it helped a lot with knowing what to expect on interview day.

I think various universities put their own twist on MMI so it's important to prep for McGill's in particular.

Various student groups at McGill have come together and plan to offer MMI prep sessions in January and February before interviews. Small attendance fee will go to a local charity. I will post details on a separate thread in the weeks to come! You should also check out the services at Brown student services. Their MMI prep was helpful for me! Limited seating.

Please let me know when you can. I would love to be a part of it.

As for practicing, I understand you can't really practice for McGill MMI. It is designed to be a natural extension to your life experiences. However, for people who are working in the lab/library/studying, it is a good experience to interact  with people once a week to talk about different topics that is not related to school work. At least that is why I am interested in practicing with other applicants. 

• 4 weeks later...

An example of scenario question is: you find out your friend has been taking Ritalin to boost school performance because he/she wants to get in to med school, what do you say to your friend?
Or your colleague seems to be working a lot lately, pulling double shifts every day. He/she seems really tired and is starting to make lots of mistakes. You're concerned, so you decided to talk to him/her about it during a coffee break.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived