Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2016 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2020

starrynight111

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the cost of placement outside the tuition cost? I know that all accommodation and travel we pay but is there an additional cost?

I believe that it is a separate tuition, as a 'spring course.'

On another note, has anyone heard anything from the university? I guess they are busy with admissions right now, but I'm hoping that we will hear about registering for courses soon!

I believe that it is a separate tuition, as a 'spring course.'

On another note, has anyone heard anything from the university? I guess they are busy with admissions right now, but I'm hoping that we will hear about registering for courses soon!

Nope, I haven't heard anything from the university yet. Is anyone planning on purchasing a parking permit? If so, which lot(s) would be the closest to our classrooms? Thanks!

Hey Pharmacist,

How did you check/find out?

On Bear Tracks, if you search for  PHARM 300 - Experiential Learning - Part 1, it shows the total number of open seats remaining.  There is no guarantee that this includes everyone who was admitted, but it is an indication.

I'm enrolled in classes for the first term! That's probably how they know.

On Bear Tracks, if you search for  PHARM 300 - Experiential Learning - Part 1, it shows the total number of open seats remaining.  There is no guarantee that this includes everyone who was admitted, but it is an indication.

Thank you for sharing Pharmacist and Steve477654!

Hi all, congratulations to everyone that got admitted! I created a Facebook group for pharmacy class of 2020, feel free to join and meet other students who will be starting pharmacy this fall! Here's the site: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1179560382096825

For those who are still waiting, don't give up hope yet! I heard that some students may get admitted just a few days before school starts!

Hi all, congratulations to everyone that got admitted! I created a Facebook group for pharmacy class of 2020, feel free to join and meet other students who will be starting pharmacy this fall! Here's the site: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1179560382096825

For those who are still waiting, don't give up hope yet! I heard that some students may get admitted just a few days before school starts!

Really? That sucks because I have already been accepted to my 2nd program that I applied for but I am still waiting to hear from pharmacy! I don't know how much longer I can hold off making a final choice.

Really? That sucks because I have already been accepted to my 2nd program that I applied for but I am still waiting to hear from pharmacy! I don't know how much longer I can hold off making a final choice.

Maybe check beartracks under application to see if it says "decision pending" or "quota filled"?

Hey, does anyone know what we should include in the email when emailing for transfer credit?

Hi Pharmgirl96,

I emailed Rae asking about it and I also listed four courses on whether they qualified to be transferred or not. Once it was confirmed she said there's nothing to do further you have to do for this requirement!

Hope that helps!

I asked for transfer credit a couple days ago and haven't received confirmation yet but you need to select courses that are not prerequisites for pharmacy and you can't select two 100 level courses in the same subject (ex. Physics 124 and 126). So it can be anything that isn't a prerequisite.

Maybe check beartracks under application to see if it says "decision pending" or "quota filled"?

I checked and all it says on beartracks is "This application is complete". No information at all is given on the admission decision. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! 

I checked and all it says on beartracks is "This application is complete". No information at all is given on the admission decision. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Does it still say decision pending beside admission decision? Maybe try calling the student centre office and ask! 

Hi Pharmgirl96,

I emailed Rae asking about it and I also listed four courses on whether they qualified to be transferred or not. Once it was confirmed she said there's nothing to do further you have to do for this requirement!

Hope that helps!

Hey does anyone know what exactly a service learning site is??

Hey. I am currently going into my third year of pharmacy at the UofA. The service learning site is a "sort-of" rotation that you do throughout your first year. It will be at a site where you will work as a volunteer about once weekly, and mostly involves working with people with disabilities. Majority of the sites are long term care sites. There are usually a couple that involve children undergoing various treatments as well. I don't know if they changed the hours, but I believe it is 25 hours in the fall and 25 hours in the winter.

Hey. I am currently going into my third year of pharmacy at the UofA. The service learning site is a "sort-of" rotation that you do throughout your first year. It will be at a site where you will work as a volunteer about once weekly, and mostly involves working with people with disabilities. Majority of the sites are long term care sites. There are usually a couple that involve children undergoing various treatments as well. I don't know if they changed the hours, but I believe it is 25 hours in the fall and 25 hours in the winter.

Thank you so much for the explanation! 

Archived