Premed 101 Forums

Finding A Date

thehulk

So..what is the best way to find a date for a work holiday party? I am not in school anymore and I just go to work and come home so it is hard meeting new people. I just got out of a LONG term relationship. I have always been so focused on studying, so I barely socialized in school, didnt attend any parties in school either. I would give my flirting skills a -1 on a 10 point scale, and my awkwardness skills an 11 on a 10 point scale.

You'll need to retake the MCAT. By your description your verbal is low, and McMaster is unlikely to be a potential date. You may have a chance at Queen's; her 'requirements' to date are kind of a mystery.

Best of luck!

P.S -- lol

LOL the funny part is...my verbal score is actually messing up my life right now.

So..what is the best way to find a date for a work holiday party? I am not in school anymore and I just go to work and come home so it is hard meeting new people. I just got out of a LONG term relationship. I have always been so focused on studying, so I barely socialized in school, didnt attend any parties in school either. I would give my flirting skills a -1 on a 10 point scale, and my awkwardness skills an 11 on a 10 point scale.

Do you have any friends that could introduce you to some of their girl friends? Ask them to bring them along for a get-together or something and meet them ;) It works, they can talk you up a little bit, too!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So no friends whatsoever? Don't do online dating. Go out and try meeting people doing a hobby. If not just hook up at a bar to boost confidence, if that's your sort of thing. Personally, I like house parties for meeting people.

I know that my advice comes off as trite and banal, but trust me, it really works. But then again I'm a guy so I understand that the social dynamics for women are different compared to those for men.

Archived