Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites & Regrets (2015/2016 App. Cycle)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So only one wave today and half the number of rejections as posted last year before invites came out. Scared about more rejections coming out tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into that. Doesn't exactly make me happy, but thanks nonetheless. Scared too.

Yeah, but did you see how many people were reading the thread and how many members there actually were? There were over 400 at one point, and only 30 something were members. Maybe we just have a shy group. 

Sticking with my original positivity plan! Hahah

If you haven't logged in then you wouldn't be shown as a member.Maybe that's why.

Im not complaining about it lol, but just having 1 wave is rare. I wish and would love to be proved wrong.

But yeah, as compared with last year group is pretty shy.

yah, wish more people would share so the forum will be more helpful for all next applicants.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Ugh well i guess that it's time to sleep and see what tomorrow brings :S best of luck to everyone!

NIght visits no rest upon the pre-med.

O sleep, O gentle sleep,

Nature's soft nurse, how have I frighted thee,

That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down

And steep my senses in forgetfulness?

Why rather, sleep, liest thou in smoky cribs,

Upon uneasy pallets stretching thee

And hush'd with buzzing night-flies to thy slumber,

Than in the perfumed chambers of the great,

Under the canopies of costly state,

And lull'd with sound of sweetest melody?

(Shakespeare, 2 Henry IV 3.1)

To all those who have survived day 1 of our own ridiculous version of the Hunger Games.. best of luck moving forward. Had a pretty rough day, 3 straight rejections pre-interview does a number to one's morale.. Had a pretty good cry with the SO (MD class 2019, you've got a good one!) and let it all out. Guess the only thing to do is to come up with a plan, and make the best of the next 9 months. 

To the 1400 others in the same shoes as me.. well.. when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Until next year, keen MD wannabes. 

...and it begins again. Try to stay positive guys, finals are important too! And for my fellow EST folks - remember that we're safe until the afternoon in our time, so you this morning to destress, get some work done, and mentally prepare yourself for another day!

TIME STAMP: 2:22pm EST

Interview Invite: Regret

Early/Regular Deadline:Regular

Interview Date:N/A obvs

GPA: No idea

AGPA (if applicable): 84.6*****

MCAT: PS/VR/BS/WS 129/127/129/128

ECs: Don't matter I guess

Year: BA (UofA), BSc (UBC), Currently MSC (UofT)

Geography: OOP

NAQ (if applicable):n/a

AQ (if applicable):n/a

***I did not get a full file review. I applied to UBC because I am from British Columbia (born and raised), but because I am a mature student and have lived a rather complex life, I don't have a BC care card anymore. So, I missed the OOP cutoff by 0.4%, I thought I would apply though, because moving home has been my goal.  sent them a letter explaining why I don't have BC health care, and of the 10 years I have lived outside of BC, 7 have been as a full time student. Seems to have made no difference though.

Yes see there was a wave around 1122 PST and then the 345 wave. Doesn't mean there won't be any today or tomorrow though I guess. 

I think there were two waves yesterday. One person posted about not having BC status and missing the cut off early and then the wave at around 345 pm. Can anyone confirm that?

That person didn't get a full file review - so it could have just been a wave of rejections for ineligible applicants etc.

Congrats to all who survived yesterday's wave of rejections. I was actually rejected yesterday but I thought I would come by to say good luck to you all.

I was very surprised how low my NAQ came out to be (<20).  I have a master's degree and currently work as a clinical researcher at a prestigious medical institution in the US. I have extensive research experience as I have started doing research since the sophomore year in undergrad. I have two first-authored publications and many more co-authored publications in SCI level journals. In terms of volunteering, I have done both domestic and overseas volunteering...

So although UBC explicitly denies it, I think they definitely undervalue research accomplishments.

UBC would have been my first choice because I wanted to go back home, but I guess that is not happening.

Anyways, good luck to you all - it was a good run

Archived