Premed 101 Forums

Received A Significant Award Post-Carms Application...

A question for anyone who can provide advice: I happened to receive a significant scholarship yesterday for placing the top female/male of my class for clerkship year and I've applied for a specialty that I think values academic achievements more than others (for eg, Ottawa rads asked for a breakdown of med school marks and not just the P/F). Any advice on if/how I should include it in my post-carms application? I've been told to add a "note" on the carms application site that would send the note to all the programs, but I worry that it may be taken as bragging or too assertive. I've also been told to bring it up at interviews but it's kind of an awkward thing to bring up! Does it even matter at this point, when most programs likely would have reviewed my application?

Thank you in advance!

I would definitely add it. It's not bragging, it is a great merit!

How could Ottawa Rads ask for a breakdown of med school marks when you have P or F transcripts???

A question for anyone who can provide advice: I happened to receive a significant scholarship yesterday for placing the top female/male of my class for clerkship year and I've applied for a specialty that I think values academic achievements more than others (for eg, Ottawa rads asked for a breakdown of med school marks and not just the P/F). Any advice on if/how I should include it in my post-carms application? I've been told to add a "note" on the carms application site that would send the note to all the programs, but I worry that it may be taken as bragging or too assertive. I've also been told to bring it up at interviews but it's kind of an awkward thing to bring up! Does it even matter at this point, when most programs likely would have reviewed my application?

Thank you in advance!

Archived