Premed 101 Forums

" Proof Of Citizenship/perm Res" : Mels Form Required

NeuroPsych

information's here: https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/forms

Namely, this is the form they want as well as all the proof documents all in one file: https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/files/legaldocuments/qc_attestation_forms_2014-04.pdf

Exactly what oshaku said.

I just uploaded the attestation form and the documents to support my situation. If you have any problems, you can email the admin staff, they were very helpful for me. If you are situation 6 (such as I was) you will have to go into ServicePoint and request a sworn statement, also very easy and free!

Good luck.

you don't get an update on application status for document upload.  

your application status only updates for interview invites (or rejections) and offers (or rejections)

I mean wouldn't they remove the note "Mels form required" after receiving all the documents? And should I confirm this with them by email?

I mean wouldn't they remove the note "Mels form required" after receiving all the documents? And should I confirm this with them by email?

I confirmed with them and they said they received everything I uploaded. My Minvera still says, "Mels form required" but my last upload date was in December which I assume is the "confirmation". If you still feel uneasy you can email them.

Nope. They don't remove that either. If you've uploaded it successfully (i.e. getting an updated date on the file upload), it's safe to assume it's been received.

I don't know if they're doing it this year, but last year they said they sent reminders to people missing documents.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you absolutely need to go to ServicePoint to get your sworn statement stamped/signed by the Commission of Oaths? (I am not in Montreal right now)

Thanks for your help!

you don't necessarily need the commissioner of oaths that McGill provides (it's just a free service they offer to students), but if your situation requires a sworn statement, you are required to provide that. You can do it with any commissioner of oaths. 

Archived