Premed 101 Forums

3 More Days

Wish I could say I was! I'm getting more and more nervous about my AGPA not being high enough for an OOP applicant :( Good luck to everyone though.

yeah my AGPA sucks... but hopefully other aspects will make up for it (rural, phd, high MCAT)

I'm eager to find out, but I'm worried about my old MCAT score. It got me an interview last year but with the new MCAT things seem a little up in the air this year! Fingers crossed though. 

i rewrote the new one (had to for calgary)..and I'm happy I did.. it went very well (previous was 33S, new 522)

yeah my AGPA sucks... but hopefully other aspects will make up for it (rural, phd, high MCAT)

i rewrote the new one (had to for calgary)..and I'm happy I did.. it went very well (previous was 33S, new 522)

Any chance you're bearintraining from SDN? :)

Just looked at : http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/undergraduate/media/Pre_Interview_Class_of_2019_Applicant_Statistics.pdf

Seems like I'm unlikely to get an II, given my lowish GPA (~3.6/4.0) despite a high MCAT (522) for OOP.. 

Anyway - good luck to everyone tomorrow!

It might be worth calculating your AGPA just to make sure; A+ 4.5 A 4 A- 4 B+ 3.5 B 3 B- 3 C+ 2.5 C 2 C- 2 D+ 1.5 D 1 D- 1, then drop the lowest 30 credits if you've completed 120 credits worth (which I'm sure you have, given you have a PhD).

And good luck :)

Jeeeez even with that high MCAT?! Mine was opposite, not selected because of MCAT (510), but again.. expected D:.

When I looked at the stats from last year, the lowest AGPA that got an interview OOP was 4.155/4.5....and then I looked at the max MCAT and it was around 13.25/15..so I knew it was really unlikely unless the PhD and/or rural was enough to push me over..... I don't know what my AGPA is, but it's probably around 4.0. 

Oh well.. I have an acceptance in the US.. would've been nice to have this option, but it's also 1 less decision to make.

When I looked at the stats from last year, the lowest AGPA that got an interview OOP was 4.155/4.5....and then I looked at the max MCAT and it was around 13.25/15..so I knew it was really unlikely unless the PhD and/or rural was enough to push me over..... I don't know what my AGPA is, but it's probably around 4.0. 

Oh well.. I have an acceptance in the US.. would've been nice to have this option, but it's also 1 less decision to make.

Good on ya for being optimistic, and congrats on the US acceptance :)

Archived