Mcmaster Interview Invites/regrets 2016

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time stamp: 12:06 pm

Invite: No

GPA: 3.65 

Verbal: 12

Casper: I didn't think this went well at all. Only wrote one or two lines for some questions because of time. There was also a system outage during the test which didn't help.

IP

Finished UG 

I feel like that outage screwed over people more than the company / mac will ever admit. 

Posting for a friend:

Time Stamp: 11:42 AM

Invite: Yes.

CGPA: 3.98

CARS: 125

CASPER: Felt good

IP

3rd Year Applicant

This is to provide hope to those with low VR or CARS scores. IT CAN BE DONE!

Congratulations to the other invitees! To those who did not receive invites, do not give up hope! 

Had to pinch myself to believe it was true!!!

Time stamp: 11:43 am 

Invite: Yes !!!! (Reapplicant - NO interview last year)

GPA: 3.38  

Verbal: 11 

Casper; Studied my butt off this year with professional help and looks like it paid off (clearly it did) !!! Felt confident about my performance with all the practice I had.

IP

Looking forward to meeting some of you on interview day!

Posting for a friend:

Time Stamp: 11:42 AM

Invite: Yes.

CGPA: 3.98

CARS: 125

CASPER: Felt good

IP

3rd Year Applicant

This is to provide hope to those with low VR or CARS scores. IT CAN BE DONE!

Congratulations to the other invitees! To those who did not receive invites, do not give up hope! 

Yes but that is a near perfect GPA - not an easy thing to accomplish. That GPA alone could do wonders for any applicant.

Time Stamp: 11:41 AM

Invite: Yes

CGPA: 3.95

VR: 10

CASPER: I was apart of the group with major technical difficulties, so I wasn't sure about how many of my answers saved correctly. But I felt not too badly about it. Of course, my assessment of that changes moment to moment - most people can probably relate!

IP

4th year applicant

This is my second year applying and will be my second time interviewing.

I always botch the verbal on the official MCAT day (gotta work on those nerves for interview day :/ ) so I decided to stick with the 10 and focus my efforts on the CASPer.

Given this year's return to assigning bonus points for graduate degrees, and that the mean verbal score of admits was over 11 last year, I wasn't sure it would happen for me this time.  Feeling over the moon and SO grateful to have a second shot.

Good look to everyone!

Time stamp: 11:43 am 

Invite: Yes  (Reapplicant- no interview last year) 

GPA: 3.82

Verbal: 10

Casper; Studied even less this year than I had last year, and felt that I did average after completing it. 

IP, not from Hamilton area. 

Currently 4th year UG, reapplied this year with a slightly higher MCAT (26-->29) but Verbal Score was the same. 

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived