Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Invites/regrets 2016

Time Stamp: 12:12pm

Rejectioooooon D:

cGPA 3.5

CARS 127

Casper: Honestly, nailed it. Did a bunch of practice exams and have ++ experience from nursing.

Graduated, IP, been working as a nurse almost 2 years now

Mac was a tossup. Part of me knew my CARS wouldn't be able to offset my garbage GPA but part of me had hope. WELP. Here's hoping for the rest. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time Stamp: 12:28pm

Rejection

cGPA 3.72

VR 10

Casper: Did a bunch of practice, buuut apparently you can't really practice for Casper. Didn't feel too awesome about it though, and my performance clearly wasn't enough to make up for GPA/VR. Oh well, still had fun with it!!

Current year: 2nd Year MSc, IP

Not surprised by this at all.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Timestamp and Format: E-mail @ 11:41am
Invite/Rejection: INVITE!
cGPA: 3.16 (not joking)
VR Score: 9
How you felt CASPER went: A blur, but I felt okay about it. Go with your gut!
Geography : IP/OP? IP, Hamiltonian
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] B.Sc McMaster Class of 2015

Don't give up&Best of luck to all 

Time Stamp: 11:40 am

Invite: Yes!

cGPA: 3.98 ish

CARs: 128 (A bit low for Ontario schools. CARs is usually my best section but I did not deliver on the official MCAT)

Casper: I had not prepared for CASPER until the date of. I read the Wikipedia article on Doing right's method of approaching ethical dilemma, then I read the Wikipedia page on Medical Ethics. The Casper itself was a little bit sketchy as I wrote 2 sentence answers for some questions. I took all the breaks and I played loud pop music to keep myself pumped up. 

Geography: In province

Current year: 3rd year UG

I think I freaked out on the bus when I got the invite. I didn't expect anything from McMaster due to my low VR score. I hope I can somehow replicate my CASPER performance next year if I have to apply again because I am not rewriting the MCAT. 

Time Stamp: 11:40 am

Invite: Yes!

cGPA: 3.98 ish

CARs: 128 (A bit low for Ontario schools. CARs is usually my best section but I did not deliver on the official MCAT)

Casper: I had not prepared for CASPER until the date of. I read the Wikipedia article on Doing right's method of approaching ethical dilemma, then I read the Wikipedia page on Medical Ethics. The Casper itself was a little bit sketchy as I wrote 2 sentence answers for some questions. I took all the breaks and I played loud pop music to keep myself pumped up. 

Geography: In province

Current year: 3rd year UG

I think I freaked out on the bus when I got the invite. I didn't expect anything from McMaster due to my low VR score. I hope I can somehow replicate my CASPER performance next year if I have to apply again because I am not rewriting the MCAT. 

thats not a low cars score 

Timestamp and Format: E-mail @ 11:41am

Invite/Rejection: INVITE!

cGPA: 3.16 (not joking)

VR Score: 9

How you felt CASPER went: A blur, but I felt okay about it. Go with your gut!

Geography : IP/OP? IP, Hamiltonian

Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] B.Sc McMaster Class of 2015

Don't give up&Best of luck to all 

???? How

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived